Noble six Helmet (Poss. whole suit?) -Dagoth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, joined here a couple of days ago, so hi all!
Basically, my first project working with anything to make my own costume, so advice is very much wanted :V

I haven't even started yet, but my slightly scaled down version of the default Mark V Helmet is going to be cut from blue pepakura paper, 12 sheets. I'll try to find the sizes again just to share.
Might make the rest of the suit afterwords too, provided I find out what materials are good for that.

EDIT:pictures of the paper later, left that out.
-Dagoth
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
So the Mark V helmet doesn't fit me, and I am now making it for my younger brother. I'll make a new thread in this one, since for some reason I cannot make new threads *shrug*.
So that being said. here's my new idea! Since my two other cousins (and possibly two more) saw me make that helmet, they'd like their own! How cool is that?
EDIT: Lol I threw it away, it's still too small for even him :V
The new layout of things:
Shoulders: R: Either Emile's right piece or Carter's L:Emile's left or Carter's
Default lower body and minor attachments.
Primary color: Black Secondary: Red
Emblem: Spartan helmet, grey helmet/red plumage/ white circular background.
PROGRESS:
Helmet: Pepped
Biceps: Pepped
Forearms: Pepped
Torso n' Back: Need Foam
COD: Need Foam
Thighs: Need Foam
Shins: Need Foam
Boot Cover: Need... foam.
Undersuit: Still Planning!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Younger Brother- S:M
Helmet:Halo 3 Recon(Gold visor)[PEPAKURA]
Chest: Default, unless better pieces are found and discussed over, knife presence to be discussed.
Shoulders: To be discussed.
Default lower body, no attachments.
Primary color: Cyan Secondary: Black
Emblem: Decepticon symbol, probably Black, and no background.
PROGRESS:Need to begin rebuild... On HOLD for now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cousin #1- S:F
Helmet: Recon, base (Silver)[PEPAKURA]
Chest: Default, kukri.
Primary color: Blue Secondary: Silver/Grey
Emblem: MockingJay symbol, background and emblem color to be discussed.
PROGRESS: Need to cut out CardStock bluprints and assemble. On HOLD.
Cousin #2- S:F
Helmet: [Pending]
Chest: Default, knife excluded.
Primary color: Red Secondary: White
Emblem: White heart background w/Red lips symbol.
PROGRESS: Put on hold for now, until new helmet is chosen. On HOLD.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cousin #3
S: M
Helmet(only): Halo 4 Dead Eye concept{Blue} (Are you kidding me???)
Weapon to accommodate: Kukri and Sheathe
Emblem: Punisher symbol
Primary color: Red S:Blue
PROGRESS: Need to print cardstock blueprints and assemble. On complete HOLD.
Cousin#4
S: M
Helmet(only): Reach ODST (Blue or Silver, will decide later on.)
Weapon to accommodate: M6G Handgun
Emblem: Jolly Roger
Primary color: White S:Black
PROGRESS: Need to print Card Stock blueprints and assemble. On HOLD.

Last edited by a moderator:
N6_Pep1.jpg
Alright, just a pic of the Cardstock. Really want to get cutting today, sheesh. Hope fully this pic stays, hehe.

Cut through about three pages today!
More possibly tomorrow, that is if I'm not booked.
FratMusic.com really helps with this haha!

Sometimes it just takes time. I prefer a sharp pair of scissors to exacto any day, it's easier to control for me. Remember, we don't mind waiting, just make it look amazing, and you'll be a regular Joe here on the 405th!

Thanks, means alot man!

Freakin A, finally finished cutting the damn pieces, now with my new mat and X-acto!
*sigh* Do I feel awake enough to go on to the pep file (To refer to), and start using the hot glue gun today?

{3 Day weekend, yeah!}

Alright, I'm in love with hot glue!

Only had the front's top, and the front half of the scalp done. Really liking how this looks, progress photo later!

N6_Pep2.jpg

Alright, as I promised, here's what I have so far: I'm going to go from top front, to top back, if you will.
I now agonizingly realize that one top scalp component is just slightly off to the left, but hopefully that won't be a problem.

Up early today, so hopefully I can get a bunch done!

I now agonizingly realize that one top scalp component is just slightly off to the left, but hopefully that won't be a problem.

Up early today, so hopefully I can get a bunch done!

If you're referring to that front piece just left of the attachment connector area I would consider trying to fix it. If you are using hot glue you can hold the tip against the paper in that area to re-heat the glue and separate the two pieces. You should always try to line the numbers up so that the very outer edges of the digits line up. The better they line up the better off you'll be...if they're off early on in your assembly of the paper you might find the disparity grow as you move on to other pieces.

Good luck with utilizing the day!

Okay, I'm seriously afraid: Are those circular ear pieces supposed to be a tad high above your actual ears? Because the rest of the helmet looks great.
I think may have screwed up somewhere on the sides... will post pics of my doubt tomorrow.

Dammit.

\Alright, bottom line: I made the helmet too small. It does fit my younger brother though! So I guess I'll finish it for him. Still not sure if I want to complete it now.

Now I'm going to try to make a Carter helmet, with the RIGHT scale properties this time... I'll just post a picture of him wearing it when it's finished then!

Well hopefully this next one works out. I would just scrap that build and start the new one. Looks like you've been doing a good job from the picture. It would be good to see more progress like that. Keep it up though.

I'm an utter noob as well, but don't get discouraged in your builds. Sometimes you have to do parts a couple times to get them right. Your upside is that if you build it too small you can give it to your brother . . . . LOL. I'm building one for my son right now and I've tried a couple times on different things to make sure it was right. For now, just keep building. It definitely gets easier the more you do.

Keep working at it and I'm sure that you'll do fine.

@Spartan_127 Yeah haha, I will. All I'd have to do once I'm done is shave around the edges of the neck so he can fit it on. Pilot helmet surprisingly has few pages, that's a relief. Only pain: The visor probably. How will I get a visor that will fill in that shape?

@Spartan_127 Yeah haha, I will. All I'd have to do once I'm done is shave around the edges of the neck so he can fit it on. Pilot helmet surprisingly has few pages, that's a relief. Only pain: The visor probably. How will I get a visor that will fill in that shape?

I've found a lot of stickies and other threads about fitting the visor on the site.
I found this one last night in the Creation section and I am going to try this method when I build my suit using a clear motorcycle visor instead of the gold ones. I think this guy's look is spot on with what I've seen.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/16910-Tutorial-Make-amp-Paint-Your-Own-See-through-Visor

I found some other videos on YouTube about visor fitting too. In a nut shell, you just need to get a visor that will cover your opening and cut it down to size. After cutting it (or even before in some of the tutorials I've found) you just use a heat gun and apply heat evenly so you can bend it to fit your opening. Affixing it to the helmet is another thing that I've found a lot of info on through the threads. Just search around and find a way you like. There were also several threads with info on vaccuforming your own custom visor if you'd like to try that route.

Hey guys, Update here:
Noble6_PepFront.jpg

Finished my younger bro's helmet, now to start with my cousin's, since it won't take as long ._.
NobleSix_Side_Pep.jpg

I really appreciate the feedback and help guys. Keep on pushing, spartans! (Remember to read the OP if you want to see the overall progress)

You know, I think the most annoying pieces of that damn helmet are the ear pieces, and the vents. I mean honestly, to hold the entire frame just to place these little peck-marked slivers? Unheard of. So I left the attachment section's holes bare, I'll probably fill them in with something else. Maybe that'll even allow some ventilation. I also had these really small holes in the back corners, again same reason.

I also need to shave out the neck area to let my brother's head fit too. Oh, and there's also that constant annoying webbing of dry glue that I hate to rip away, but I painstakingly do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back