Noble six Helmet (Poss. whole suit?) -Dagoth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, went off the grid for a bit, but I was just busy. I still have to get those thighs traced and built.

Won't be able to start 'till saturday, Sunday even. I have a bunch of HW that needs doing. Although, I do get a week of break, so there's a plus.

Looking forward to the new updates! You're doing great! Are you doing everything out of foam, with the exception of the helmet?

QUICK UPDATE, guys!

Foam_Reachshin11.jpg
[/IMG]

Here are my thigh sheets, will get the other one started right after. I am now using the white foam, might have to order another batch soon.
My helmet outside is fully dried now, and for tomorrow, I'm thinking of just glazing the inside w/ a thin resin sheet,
Then second coat the outside,
Then fiberglass the inside,
Then glaze a thin layer over the fiberglassed- inside,
AND THEN... I'll ask for advice on bondo.
Also, I've been re- watching RvB lately!

Looking good!

Many thanks!

Last update for tonight..
Thigh is partially done, its kind of hard to not break the tip of your x-acto...
Thigh_FoamProgress_1.jpg

Here's the piece glued together:
Thigh_FoamProgress_11.jpg

Sorry, but even the Galaxy S3 can have a crappy cam sometimes...

I'll wear it when its done, but I'm satisfied with the measurement. More will be done tomorrow, but until then, goodnight legionairres.

I'd suggest making a hot box out of cardboard and putting you piece in it with a heat lamp, then close the box up. Doing that acts like a kiln to have the resin at the right temperature. The box would need to be 2 - 3x bigger than the piece, but it will help it set up like it is supposed to. With it being 45 degrees at your place right now, it will take a very long time for the resin to cure. Winter time is rough when it comes to working with bondo or fiberglass just because of the low temps.

Hope this helps.

Never thought that cruising another person's thread could help me solve one of my problems! Thanks.

UDPDATE!

Here's the thigh, troopers!
Thigh_FoamComplete_11.jpg

I'm very happy with how this turned out, HOWEVER; it might be just a tad short..

Thigh_FoamComplete_12.jpg

It fits pretty well, tight even! Strapping might still be needed though..

Thigh_FoamComplete_13.jpg

Yeah, I'm definitely fixing the COD and belt, shorten the sides and fix the groin guard.
Thigh_FoamComplete_14.jpg

Looks really nice from the front I think. As for those black slits, I'll use some kind of rubbery material, hot glued on the inside to give depth.

Does anyone have any ideas for shaving away the inside so that I can slide it up further along my thunder thigh? I noticed its not quite @ the right spot.

Oooo that looks sexy! Wouldn't worry bout it being too short I'd say you got it spot on. If your worried bout tightness and need to make it a bit bigger then just make a cut on the inner thigh and stick a bit more foam in there to push it out

Last update of the night?
Bottom_Half_FoamComplete12.jpg

Check it! I'm surprised I can actually sit while wearing all this, hahaha.

Bottom_Half_FoamComplete11.jpg

Ugh, that guard is really bugging me. I'll cut it off, make an angled edge w/ scissors, and see what happens.
As for the new thigh, it's pretty much identical, a minor change being its not as tight. so yeah, strapping/buckling will definitely be used from the belt. OH! the belt's sides will be cut, dividing it. I will then shorten the side lengths so that it fits alot more snug than before.

Uh... anyone know where I can buy packages of those? lol.

I like the Decepticon symbol on your right boot.

Why thank you, I think I'll have it somewhere on my armor. And thanks CvG!

OH UPDATE COMMENT!:
I have no idea what to do for the torso! I have 5 sheets of foam left, but I'm so scared about sizing and then cutting. What if it's too wide?? Or too thin?

Can anyone help me w/ free handing the torso? I'm thinking of just making a cardboard cutout for size, or something..

I did my torso free hand and it turned it great. As a starting measure how big your head hole will need to be so you can slot it on over your head and down like putting on a jumper. From there just build outward so however far forward you want to go from te front of said slot and the same with sideways and back measurements.
You'll also need a ton of reference pictures and remember the scale will be dictated by the size of that slot so it'll all fall into place from there, I think I mentioned how I scratch built mine in my thread somewhere if you want to take a look.

-mike

Hmm, alright. I assume "foamies" will come in handy too? 'Cause I don't have those at the moment.

EDIT:

I just got up, and I'm currently using carboard for the size measurements/ templates. Lots of comparing and editing happening! Oh and Happy Thanks Giving!

NOON UPDATE!:
Foam_torsoProgress11.jpg

YEAH GOT SO MUCH DONE!

Joking, I'm steadily half-freehanding the Torso. Basically I'm taking a few templates, and retracing them on a more... fitting scale.

What do you 405th'ers think so far?

EDIT: got the neckguard cut out in foam, and they're connected. I don't want to post another pic until I made significant progress. It's hard trying to figure out what piece to make next :L

AXIOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back