Non-Halo/non Iron Man Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piccalojr

Hey all. Found this board thanks to Indy Mogul. I've been looking for DIY armor for a while and Pepakura seems to be the way to go.

My question is, do you guys know of any sites or forums that do generic or anime armor? I've done a bit of digging and can't seem to find any.

I'm considering using the Master Chief armor and just working the armor the way I want it after the fiberglass goes inside.

Ideas? Thoughts?

P.S. - This site is FANTASTIC! Regardless of finding other boards, this place is -the- spot for tutorials and such.

-PiccaloJr

I don't know of any sites, but there are plenty of people around here making all kinds of non-Halo armor... gundams, other video games, etc.

Welcome to the 405th!

As far other forums does anime type armor, I'm haven't seen none.

And to point out like Awesomeness said, there's a lot of members making non Halo armor. There's Gundams, weapons from popular video games such as the Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts, and the Saiyan armor from Dragon Ball Z.

If you have questions, we're here to help! :)

ya man theres nothing for that stuff. ive been looking. the one thing to look at is that the japanese cosplayers dont use pepakura for that. they use it as a new form of origami and model making. from what i have seen is the mostly make their stuff out of cloth or cardboard and design their own stuff.

so unless someone on here starts modeling anime armor, we wont have anything any time soon. if i do find something, i will post it up, but im guessing that it will probably be prints and designs

the closest thing your going to find to anime armor for pepakura I can think of off the top of my head is chwbcc's files for Briareos from Appleseed

Pepakura Armor started here(weapons started at a Pulse rifle forum) so this is the most diverse place for pep.

Best bet is to find the 3D files of what you want to convert to pep and make them for yourself just like all the oldest files were here. You could also comission a 3D artist for really high quality work as well.

There are some sites out there that specialize in anime costumes, but I can't read Japanese, or I would point you to some. Set the language filter in your search engine to allow Asian text in the results. You may find some good resources there. I do know that some of the craft foam gundam armor that can be found was made from pepakura templates.

Welcome to the 405th, first off.

As far as that goes, I don't think the Japanese are too keen on using papercraft for their cosplay, most Americans are the same, I don't know about Europe, and that's the great majority of the world's anime cosplayers. Therefore, no dedicated sites.

However, the 405th is pretty well-stocked, and getting better by the day. (Okay, week, really.) We got Gundams, Briareos, and a few other interesting things I've seen. Definitely worth checking out for that.

Hope you have a good time here.

Could I post a pic of what I'm looking for? I don't wanna get in trouble for making a "request thread".

-PiccaloJr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back