ODST Build 1: The Journey Begins

Been working slowly the past couple weeks. Got the main chest plate resined and working on the ab details.
IMG_20200625_213841.jpg
IMG_20200625_213505.jpg
Also I cut the shoulder piece into three parts to see if I like that better. The other one is fiberglassed already as one solid piece, but I thought I might like doing it in separate pieces instead. Whichever I like more, I will remake the second shoulder in that way. Not sure that sentence made sense. Whatever. Moving forward - slowly but surely!

Not much to update right now. I spent most of last week knocking out ECO UNO 's "mortal kombat mask". Here is his thread for this Mortal kombat Mask
WIN_20200713_13_10_15_Pro.jpg
I stuck some hook/loop velcro stuff inside so I can stick a surgical mask "liner" in it.
WIN_20200713_13_10_31_Pro.jpgWIN_20200713_13_10_22_Pro.jpg
Also drilled some holes and installed some rivets(?) for the elastic to attach.
WIN_20200713_13_10_38_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200713_13_11_54_Pro.jpg
Going back to the chest piece this week. Hopefully have an update before the weekend hits again, but with H3 coming out on MCC PC, no promises.

Not a full update BUt a question!

This is the third layer of bondo I have put on and sanded down on this particular hip plate. It still is full of imperfections. IS there anything I can do to do better? I honestly cant even really tell if each layer is getting better or not. Its super demoralizing. What am I missing here?

IMG_20200715_193958.jpg
IMG_20200715_194002.jpg

Added big pics for easier viewing.

Update. Everything that's not white is ready for fiberglass. I feel like I used half a gallon of resin this week. The white parts (hip plates and cod piece) I'm calling done and ready for painting. If I can get all this fiberglassed and rondo'd next week, I will be in pretty good place.
IMG_20200723_160319.jpg

Hopefully I can scale and prepare the forearm pieces this weekend and be ready to fold them up next week as well.

*For anyone confused, my armorsmith file with all my scaled and prepped amor is broken and won't open so I gotta start over.*

Woo! Progress!

Update. Everything that's not white is ready for fiberglass. I feel like I used half a gallon of resin this week. The white parts (hip plates and cod piece) I'm calling done and ready for painting. If I can get all this fiberglassed and rondo'd next week, I will be in pretty good place.
View attachment 293482

Hopefully I can scale and prepare the forearm pieces this weekend and be ready to fold them up next week as well.

*For anyone confused, my armorsmith file with all my scaled and prepped amor is broken and won't open so I gotta start over.*

Woo! Progress!
dude those look amazing

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back