Noob here: Gears of War 3 armor progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I think I am going to try and make some backs to my leg pieces this weekend. I don't like being able to see the original leg guards and the straps. I think I will make a thin foam backing with some thicker foam straps or something. Running out of time before Halloween....

You have some really nice foam work going here along with you're painting skills are making this build look awesome.

So, I wore this thing to work. I can barely sit at my desk and type emails. And I can't eat a bowl of cereal very well either. If you had to run around, tumble and fight in this armor like the Gears of War Game, it would be impossible. :) I'll grab some pics later and post them.

No one at work had a clue who or what I was either. But they liked the costume.

Me, at work.
I switched out the jeans for black digital camo pants. Not Cannon but they make the costume look better.
6298813599_639c5a77ba_z.jpg

So.... I am thinking about selling this costume and the two guns. What does someone think it is worth??

Anyone know if there is a market for painted Nerf guns? I had a blast doing this one and I want to do some more, but don't really want to keep them. Maybe do them and sell on ebay??

Thoughts?

I know nothing about the value range, but I must say, I learned a lot from viewing these! Just starting in the whole business, I have to say, that is VERY good! I need to figure out how the foam builds work!

Kudos!

Comic-Con is coming up!

I am selling it all. The armor will come as a set and the two guns will sell separately (unless someone wants the entire package)

Posting this here to see what type of response I get. Email me your offer. chris(at)riverracerx(dot)com
Realize the hours and detail that go into a job like this, let alone the materials. ;)

Armor is in Burbank, CA. 91505 if anyone is close and want to see it in person. The detail is amazing , as you can see in the photos.

If no one is interested it will end up on Ebay next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back