Noob in need of help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbluedue

Jr Member
First off, i want to say hi to everybody im new i made an account some time ago but never really used it >.<, so hi lol. Im (of course) new to the whole pepakura, vacuforming and everything in between. I was working on an ODST helmet by NZ-TK a long time ago, due to personal circumstances, i had other priorities that had to take its place, things are getting more relaxed now, and i have had time for the helmet! :D. i was barely into with the assembling of the paper parts into the helmet step when i had to stop, for the last week ive worked non stop, and have finished the paper step.

Now here is where i need help, i have some cousins that saw the helm and want one too, i knew about vacuforming already so ive decided after i have completed the helm, im going to vacuform copies for us, but i need some questions answered please!

1.are there any steps in building the helmet i should skip if im going to be cutting helmet in half for vacuforming? (body filler, spot putty, sanding, hardenning, fiberglassing?)

2.how do i cut it in half at home? rather not have to go anywhere to get it done, but if so where?

3.how should i join the 2 new vacuformed plastic pieces together? im going to cut original in half, fill with plaster, and vacuform woth plaster filled side down. doing that for both sides, then connecting them, but how? what should i use?

4.any suggestions? comments? please say so lol.

the version im using doesnt come with pepped visor, so how do i vacuform a visor? what could i use inplace of peped visor to vacuform?

tl:dr-need some questions answered, please help me, please read numbered questions.

EDIT-sorry for not putting a clear title, i was in a hurry at the moment.

Well, I'm no vacuforming wizard buut..!
1.) I assume all steps have to be completed to ensure the plastic takes the right shape, you won't be able to sand this plastic i would presume.

2.)People use dremels, although I haven't seen anyone cut a helmet in half.

3.) all up to you, you can use buckles, magnets, anything.

4.) I've only heard of vacuformed visors, although some brave person might have made a helmet, but I have never seen one.

Well, most people vacuform their hardened visors by cutting it out with a dremel from the helmet after it has been resined.

Well, I'm no vacuforming wizard buut..!
1.) I assume all steps have to be completed to ensure the plastic takes the right shape, you won't be able to sand this plastic i would presume.

2.)People use dremels, although I haven't seen anyone cut a helmet in half.

3.) all up to you, you can use buckles, magnets, anything.

4.) I've only heard of vacuformed visors, although some brave person might have made a helmet, but I have never seen one.

Well, most people vacuform their hardened visors by cutting it out with a dremel from the helmet after it has been resined.

sorry to douple post, but yeah i think i understand what you mean about the plastic taking the right shape, and no i wasnt thinking of sanding the plastic...anymore >.> what kind of buckles are you talking about? any specifications? and how would i make the visor if my pep didnt come with one? like could i use wood or just freemake a visor out of cardstock and harden, then vacuform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back