NOOB IN NEED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

odstgunny

Im new here and I was wondering if someone can tell me this:

Can I have step by step help with making a Clay ODST helm?

Also...

How would I make the Helm with the Clay without a Draft to go by?

Geez. You sculpt it then you make a mold pull of it. would it kill to use a search bar? ok but here mold tut from adam same helm to. but do more research before you do this. people dont like this to much. And its not cheap FYI. but hope this helps!

im not to big of a fand of pepukura, even though the models are amazing

i like working with carboard alot better, but then you have to put up with all the measuring

Get yourself a bust (monster makers sell a good one) and a whole lot of clay. you're better to start with a 20kg bag of water clay (its cheaper than oil) just throw it on your bust and figure it out. sculpting is a great hobby. have fun :)

are you sure water will work for molding? I think not. if you want to save any money just buy the oil clay but make your own plastic.

NZ-TK said:
Get yourself a bust (monster makers sell a good one) and a whole lot of clay. you're better to start with a 20kg bag of water clay (its cheaper than oil) just throw it on your bust and figure it out. sculpting is a great hobby. have fun :)

Thanks, what type of bust???

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasnt kidding about what? All I can say is, if you dont know, you cant do it.

Read stickies, buy the right clay, the right tools, have 400 dollars on hand to make a helmet, 1 helmet.

Like Frost said, for about 400 bucks, you could have a molded hem.

Or you could go the pep way and get a decent one with around...100 bucks.

That's about 20 for resin, 40 for the visor, 5 for the card stock, and 15 for bondo and 20 for misc stuff like paints/glue gun/glue. That of course is only if you got a respirator and sander.

Or cardboard. I've seen great looking cardboard armor for only 50 bucks.

And i'd check your sig size...it looks a bit big.

I agree, I am now going to gather all the pics I can possibily find then do my pep. My pics will appear here. How do you change a RAR file to a normal pep file?

are you sure water will work for molding? I think not.
I suspect you have no idea what you are talking about. An odst could be sculpted and moulded for a lot less than 400USD if you know what you are doing. ODSTgunny, PM me I will give you some links to some information if you would like to teach yourself to sculpt.

Durlaburban said:
are you sure water will work for molding? I think not. if you want to save any money just buy the oil clay but make your own plastic.

NO! dont use water based clay! it will crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back