noob.... no explaining needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce

i'm new to the whole pepakura and resin casting card stock to make armor and stuff with but that doesn't mean i don't want to. I've never used it before but i'm looking for some help but i would also like to start on master chief's mark vi armor as my first creation. thanks in advance :)

Well where do you wanna start? have you looked in to the software yet? Or have you printed out and gave it a try?

I have downloaded pepakura but have not printed anything because apparently people say you need card stock (and I obviously don't). I opened the software but i have yet to find a file I can open in it. I want to start on the helmet as my first thing, if that's what you mean by where I wanna start.

Update: ok so I found out I found out how to open them after downloading them. so now I need to know how to do things after printing so when I get card stock I can get started right away. YAY I feel like I'm actually learning thing :)

Last edited:
I have downloaded pepakura but have not printed anything because apparently people say you need card stock (and I obviously don't). I opened the software but i have yet to find a file I can open in it. I want to start on the helmet as my first thing, if that's what you mean by where I wanna start.

Update: ok so I found out I found out how to open them after downloading them. so now I need to know how to do things after printing so when I get card stock I can get started right away. YAY I feel like I'm actually learning thing :)
remember you can always do small things on normal paper for practice in the meantime (just don't use them for your end product)

Pierce, it's great that you're excited to learn and build. I encourage you to explore the forums and take the time to absorb as much as you can before asking generic questions. The stuck thread in this forum (Pepakura and Cardboard Armor Stuck Thread Index) contains links to multiple threads that will answer most basic questions regarding paper craft and post processing techniques. Reading through these threads will give you most of the know-how you'll need to at minimum get started. Good luck on your journey.

man this place just keeps getting better and better. also how do change the size of the paper to fit someone my height?
if you mean template and not paper size, if you go into the 2D menu at the top, there is a scaling option, if you put in a parameter it will uniformly scale it.

I still don't get it. I'm 5 feet and 2 or 3 inches tall so I don't know how I would make it fit me instead of the height it was designed for

I still don't get it. I'm 5 feet and 2 or 3 inches tall so I don't know how I would make it fit me instead of the height it was designed for
are you working with one piece or full body?. for one piece just measure that part of you and then ad around 3 in for padding, then put that into mm (thats what pepakura uses) and scale it to that size
Pierce this is the scaling tutorial that I've seen being sent around the most on here

Last edited:
I'm making the full suit but only one piece at a time.

Update: I have decided to just keep the size of the things the way they are now just because it is my first time using this program/making armor out of anything

alright so used just normal card stock instead of the one recommended in the tutorial so would i still have to score the lines to fold them or no?

Update: this is going to take a long time I have only cut out 3 small pieces and it has taken me five minutes.

Update 2: one sheet down.... 12 to go :(

Last edited:
I'm making the full suit but only one piece at a time.

Update: I have decided to just keep the size of the things the way they are now just because it is my first time using this program/making armor out of anything

You never want to do that. No two files are the same size and even if they are part of the same suit they aren't scaled to each other. Most helmets are scaled either really really big (think watermelon in size) or really really small (grapefruit in size). You have to measure each piece and compare it to both yourself and an image of the suit from the game. If your testing out how Pepakura works then leave things be but if you wish to wear any part of what you're making you have to go into the 2D menu in pepakura and change the scale. There are many ways already detailed across the 405th for how to scale your armour but not everything works best for everyone.

Update: HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial
In addition you should consult this thread link as a starting point for your scaling. It isn't exact and will only get you within a margin of the correct size for your own suit but it will be much more likely to fit then if you don't alter the scale of the pepakura files

Last edited:
You never want to do that. No two files are the same size and even if they are part of the same suit they aren't scaled to each other. Most helmets are scaled either really really big (think watermelon in size) or really really small (grapefruit in size). You have to measure each piece and compare it to both yourself and an image of the suit from the game. If your testing out how Pepakura works then leave things be but if you wish to wear any part of what you're making you have to go into the 2D menu in pepakura and change the scale. There are many ways already detailed across the 405th for how to scale your armour but not everything works best for everyone.

Update: HaloGoddess' "How To Scale" and More Tutorial
In addition you should consult this thread link as a starting point for your scaling. It isn't exact and will only get you within a margin of the correct size for your own suit but it will be much more likely to fit then if you don't alter the scale of the pepakura files
yeah i'm really just testing out how it works for now but eventually i will scale the armor and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back