Noob Printing help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided i wanted to try to make my very own halo suit, but i'm having trouble trying to find a printable template for all the shapes needed to build it and such. Am I missing something?
What suit are you planning on making kaleyw123? So you know what material you want to work with? Any bit of information that you can share with us might make it easier for someone to help out.

Tucked away safely in The Armory.

Halo 4 - MJOLNIR GEN2 - Mark VI Master Chief

If you ever need some build help, feel free to post questions and we'd love to see progress photos!
I'm just having trouble finding where the file is to print the outline itself like this pic off of google. (the one to the right is what i'm looking for) So I can transfer it to the EVA foam. Or is that not what you're supposed to do? btw thanks for replying.

Attachments

• 2A90DEC4-45D9-4BF7-BE5A-059617A9E4E1.jpeg
    2A90DEC4-45D9-4BF7-BE5A-059617A9E4E1.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 242
Alpha local that could use our help.
Looks like they are primarily working with EVA foam. Either way kaleyw123 feel free to ask for help on this forum and we will get ya sorted out. If you happen to be local to the Florida Panhandle, we are part of Fireteam Poseidon (on Facebook). Feel free to message us on that platform as well.

Good luck!

Thank you guys for the help so far. I printed everything out and starting to work with the EVA foam. I had to push back actually starting the project till today because of school and other stuff. But i'm very excited to actually get started.

What is the best way to fill in small gaps left after super gluing? Also, is there any type of paint in particular that works well on EVA foam?

What is the best way to fill in small gaps left after super gluing? Also, is there any type of paint in particular that works well on EVA foam?
It all depends on the type of seam. If it needs shaping, I would use woodland scenics foam putty (along as it is an area of armor that wouldnt flex too much when in use). If it is just a minor seam, kwickseal is great. If you have gals, use foam clay. Almost everyone that works with foam heat seals it with a heatgun to close up any pores, and then uses plastidip to cover the foam, and it is a stable primer for other paints. After that it is up to you. Some members have also used latex house paints that sound like they would work better in the long run, but are more expensive. We would love to see some progress pictures :)

Ok so this is the first time I’ve made anything with foam. I’ve made so many mistakes looking back, and I’ve been too busy to work on it a lot, but here’s the helmet. :/ I haven’t used a heat gun to seal the pores yet, and I’ve tried filling in the gaps with foam clay. (Went a little crazy with the dremmel too ) I’m going to continue working on it and hopefully paint it soon. Thank y’all for everything btw!

Attachments

• 76ED0A66-22FF-498F-A39E-DCA9B676646F.jpeg
    76ED0A66-22FF-498F-A39E-DCA9B676646F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 351
  • 477460DF-80D3-4C73-82C9-1D75B1DF5D6F.jpeg
    477460DF-80D3-4C73-82C9-1D75B1DF5D6F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 366
Ok so this is the first time I’ve made anything with foam. I’ve made so many mistakes looking back, and I’ve been too busy to work on it a lot, but here’s the helmet. :/ I haven’t used a heat gun to seal the pores yet, and I’ve tried filling in the gaps with foam clay. (Went a little crazy with the dremmel too ) I’m going to continue working on it and hopefully paint it soon. Thank y’all for everything btw!
That looks great for a first attempt! May take some more sanding and clay on the seams and edges to get it perfect (since painting it will draw attention to the slightest of gaps), but this is coking along really well!

If I may ask, what are you planning on using in order to make the visor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back