Noob Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

greycrow

Hi after having read the numerous guides and data on the site i was inpsired to attempt my own halo inspired armor.

I should warn that i have taken many liberties so for the purist the armor is not very accurate.

My aim is to have a complete ODST inspired armor ready for the Sydney 2010 SUPANOVA convention.

Here are some progress updates

[attachment=14262:photo068.jpg]

Used my old steel helm as a base for clay scratch build

[attachment=14259:photo021.jpg]

[attachment=14260:photo027.jpg]

Silicone mould and plaster backing

[attachment=14261:photo066.jpg]

Used www.barnes.com.au Polyurethane SUPERCAST/rotocast for my slush cast.

At this stage it is primed and painted. Having big issues with the paints bubbling and not drying properly so may have to go with a very battle damaged look

picture doesn't show it but the surface of the helmet is very irregular and pitted(Due to my laziness in the scratchbuild stage). Also lines are not very symmetrical.

I have also started on a COM system and cooling/led lighting to come.

Comments/tips would be greatly appreciated. I am contemplating sanding everything back at a later stage to repaint and smooth.

[attachment=14579:photo127.jpg]

Ok just finished fitting visor and LEDs. Reshaped some angles. Still need to bondo more and smooth lines.[attachment=14580:photo120.jpg] Test fit with pressure suit.

Very nice! Good to see another Australian. You should post in this thread and introduce yourself. The thread also contains some useful info on where to get supplies

If you said that was inspired by the Samus helmet, id give you an A++

samus_brown.jpg

Nice project. A good place to start. A few improvements in the angling of the design (Jaw piece, visor, ear pieces); and you'll have a perfect helmet. I would say good, but not quite ready for the big screen or a performance. Probably a good idea to repair some visuals BEFORE putting in the fancy electronics.

Overall a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back