Noob question--Ok, I built it, now how do I get inside it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starkiller4299

I've finished constructing a Clayton Carmine torso piece, and while measurements have assured me that I can fit into this armor (ie, should shoulder size is correct, waist size is a go, etc), I'm not seeing an easy path for getting into it. My shoulders are pretty broad, a lot moreso than the entry at the bottom of the Clayton armor is...

I'm contemplating using a Dremel cutting wheel to whiz down the bottom sides, and keep it closed with velcro, but I'd REALLY appreciate any advice on this before I start splitting two months of work in half :/.

Thanks in advance!

Most torso plates won't slip on over your head. Usually people cut them in half then use clips to attach it back together. That's how I have to wear my ODST torso.

What Jimmy said! Try to cut it in an area that would kinda hide it self when you have it back together. And when cutting it, use a really small size cutting wheel! Cause cutting it is going to make it a bit smaller.

Some people use a clip set to hold them together. Others built a bracket on the inside so they can use magnets to hold it together. You can use whatever you want to make it work. Hardware & crafts stores are good places to find ideas!

Magnets and Velcro work wonders to hide openings. Had to do this with my reach torso and if you hide it well no one will notice the cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back