Noobs first build ever, Halo 3 Mk. VI, With multiple weapon builds! [Wip] [Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Scrapping pep AR most likely

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates. No pictures this time, either. I tried the method glasscutter recommended on some scrap pieces, and it didn't work out as well as I thought. I was thinking of scrapping my pep AR to do a sliced version (Anybody have files for me????) but any ideas on how I don't have to scrap my 99/100 of a baby would be extremely appreciated. Expect pictures soon! Sorry about the lack of them this time!

Thanks man, I'll see how this guy goes after I get some supplies

That's a bummer it didn't work. I've never tried a pep weapon before. Maybe someone in the weapons and props subforum of creation discussion can help.
http://www.405th.com/forumdisplay.php/16-Weapons-and-Props

Thanks! I might just keep the AR around half done for later.

Ar news

So after many days of trying to figure out what to do with my Assault Rifle, I'm deciding to finish the two halves separately and join them together after finishing their individual detailing. Shout out to RedShirt for the awesome idea to do the internals while the pieces are separated. Another shootout to glass cutter, tomboy, and retralpha for their input! Expect updates soon. Also I'm printing out my new Cod piece (Cat thought it would be cool to go wee-wee on it). See you guys soon!

Whatever works. The AR pep can be done!

PaperBaby.jpg

Also, you said that you had a cat. The AR up above is AR #3. The first two were sat on and squished by cats. Keep your rifle up out of reach until you harden and reinforce it. Until then, this thing needs to be your big paper baby.

Attachments

• PaperBaby.jpg
    PaperBaby.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 192
Whatever works. The AR pep can be done!

PaperBaby.jpg

Also, you said that you had a cat. The AR up above is AR #3. The first two were sat on and squished by cats. Keep your rifle up out of reach until you harden and reinforce it. Until then, this thing needs to be your big paper baby.

That looks awesome! What was your end piece? whee did you finish this?

Attachments

• PaperBaby.jpg
    PaperBaby.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 182
That looks awesome! What was your end piece? whee did you finish this?

I don't remember what my end piece was because I finished this years ago. It and its two predecessors are how I got so much practice at pepping before I ever built my first piece of armor. Since then, I've been either unable or, now, too afraid to resin it for fear of warping. It's just been my favorite paper toy and has now survived 4 cats!

I don't remember what my end piece was because I finished this years ago. It and its two predecessors are how I got so much practice at pepping before I ever built my first piece of armor. Since then, I've been either unable or, now, too afraid to resin it for fear of warping. It's just been my favorite paper toy and has now survived 4 cats!

Well it looks great. One last question, if I decide to restart the AR, would it be a mistake to reuse the ammo counter? I do NOT want to go through that hell again

Well it looks great. One last question, if I decide to restart the AR, would it be a mistake to reuse the ammo counter? I do NOT want to go through that hell again

I don't blame you for that one bit. It is the little piece from hell.

To reuse it, I guess it would depend on how well you could save the tabs. More likely, you'll just have to suck it up and rebuild it and take the practice... so much practice...

I don't blame you for that one bit. It is the little piece from hell.

To reuse it, I guess it would depend on how well you could save the tabs. More likely, you'll just have to suck it up and rebuild it and take the practice... so much practice...

But the tabs are BARELY big enough to glue! I think I can salvage it. I've done it before.

But the tabs are BARELY big enough to glue! I think I can salvage it. I've done it before.

Then don't use hot glue. One of the reasons I have such clean pep work is because I'm using a quick drying PVA glue. It's not messy (if not used in excessive amounts), doesn't harm or burn my fingers/skin, isn't bulky, and is very friendly when it comes time to sand. Also easy to find at Michaels or other hobby and craft stores. Try using it on some of the smaller or trickier folds.

Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue: This stuff goes a long way and works on just about every medium I've used.

Update: Finally started resin

Hey guys! So finally, the weather is good AND I have free time #SpringBreak (Special occasion, I literally never use hashtags) so if the weather is like this consistently, I'm sure I'll have everything resined. But there was a hardware malfunction with my resin container so I'm going to need to buy more resin (aww, darn :) ) First, a shout-out to the other Washingtonian Spartans :) Here's some pics

Handplates
IMG_6051_zps47f1bb07.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thighs
IMG_6049_zpsbd95bdbe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Knife
IMG_6048_zpsb65e16f3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

See you all soon, gotta make a TAP plastics run!

This Build is NOT Dead!

Hey, everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates. I just need to get some more materials. I should be finishing this project up in the summer. Hope to report back soon :)

BIG UPDATE! I'm back!

Hey guys, long time no see! I've been away for a while due to a bunch of reasons, lack of materials, travel, camp, etc... But this thread is NOT dead! I also moved into a new work room! So much more space, less hot, I get to decorate it :D etc.

Here's my progress so far:
Screen Shot 2014-07-29 at 9.28.11 PM.png

New room!
42F4A6FC-6752-48F1-8786-D1D0CC3B7294_zpshxihabo9.jpg
2831C35D-DB57-4149-9252-8D45C77EB870_zpsqnwhfznk.jpg

some new supplies:
53A6AB18-209D-4F96-9FA3-9F557CBE67C1_zps657ebarv.jpg

Icon Props Halo 4 Scout Helmet:
E5401016-0DAD-415D-B395-D93CF23A28BA_zpsskuu4r6a.jpg
29ED0910-84DF-4EB6-B70E-793706616720_zpsetxgdb5i.jpg
882DCB9C-DE8A-4BEB-87F2-7FFF44FA02DA_zpsb7dlbsjr.jpg
A063B360-DFE7-499F-B129-025CE3FE07D6_zpsxqr1gj17.jpg

Little bit of art (planning on filling the walls with framed gaming/movie posters):
225436D0-444F-40B0-9FF4-6C9F49538E38_zpssfucoz8p.jpg

A bit of my own art :) a bit of spray paint, a piece of card stock paper, and a torn piece for smudging :
E11DF390-DF4E-4D01-BC8F-9F42F9A4E4B4_zpsbukfg1vi.jpg

I also aam in the final gluing stages of Medium-Definition forearms :) forgot the creator but if I find it, I'll link.

That's it for this time, guys :) Now that I have my stuff, expect to see more, but not TOO much because I'm currently out of commission for two weeks, then starting High School! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back