Nooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rid3r

I've recently started to mod Halo PC (the Trial) using HaloMapTools. For some reason, whenever I make too big of a mod (just changing the pistol zoom) I can't play Blood Gulch. The Halo game shuts down.

But I've modded them before. And it worked.

Do you actually have to extract the whole map files and such to make it work? For me I just opened up bloodgulch.map and then saved it afterwards.

Then, even though I made a backup file, I can't play Blood Gulch anymore even though it's directly in the Maps folder. And my backup disappeared.

There's a full version? Never heard of it...I've been using HMT 3.5 free the whole time.

Modding a multiplayer map is harder than a campaign map. Google some tutorials.

You can mod the trial, but it's pretty pointless. If you buy Halo CE, which I got for $10, you can play online free, modding the maps is easier, and you can get Halo: Custom Edition which allows you to create your own maps using 3ds Max 7 and 8. The simple answer is, buy Halo CE.

You buy Halo PC ($20), you download Halo Custom Edition (free). It's worth the $20. Free online play, more maps, and MUCH easier to mod. I have Halo PC, and Halo Custom Edition installed on my computer.

Recently I fixed the problem (I was leaving HMT on when I ran the game). I've started using Sparkedit. Also, Robogenisis, did you buy the CD version of Halo PC or download it? I thought it was $50, but on some sites you can get it cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back