Not Dead Yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat

Jr Member
Why do so many people argue with me about why I shouldn't dress as Kat to a Con since she's dead? I don't think it's wrong to keep her memory alive. Does anyone agree with me? Or with the other side even? I'm not afraid of criticism.

Whos saying you shouldn't? do what you want, Theres lots of Kat cosplayers out there.

Mostly friends of mine. I think they just don't want me to dress as her for some reason.
One of them I know for a fact wants me to be Harley Quinn for the next Con (Ew, first off. Not my personality at all.)

In my opinion you should only cosplay characters that you actually like and want to act like. you'll do a much better job of building a costume you are emotionally invested in.
Its never fun to build something you don't care about.
Also cosplaying isn't cheap, so don't waste money on something you don't want to be.

I think that it just might be that your age group isn't into Halo as much. I'm a little older and Halo was huge when I was growing up. It seems (to me anyways) that most teenage kids today are more COD and such. I know my kids seem to be. They are a little younger and I think the only reason they seem to like Halo is because I have such a passion for it. If not for that they wouldn't have shown any interest. I don't know, this may just be my opinion. But as everyone has stated - build who and what you want regardless of what others may think. It's your time and effort going into it. I personally would love to see another Kat build.

Troll harder and have a spike through your helmet.

IMG_3432.GIF

In my opinion you should only cosplay characters that you actually like and want to act like. you'll do a much better job of building a costume you are emotionally invested in.
Its never fun to build something you don't care about.
Also cosplaying isn't cheap, so don't waste money on something you don't want to be.

Exactly! Kat has always been a character that I have related to and looked up to. I can't even express how much of an inspiration she is to me. (I know that sounds silly, to look up to a fictional character, but she expresses so much that I wish I was and probably never will be.

I think that it just might be that your age group isn't into Halo as much. I'm a little older and Halo was huge when I was growing up. It seems (to me anyways) that most teenage kids today are more COD and such. I know my kids seem to be. They are a little younger and I think the only reason they seem to like Halo is because I have such a passion for it. If not for that they wouldn't have shown any interest. I don't know, this may just be my opinion. But as everyone has stated - build who and what you want regardless of what others may think. It's your time and effort going into it. I personally would love to see another Kat build.

I mean, yes and no. The twin brother of the boy who wants me to be Harley Quinn for Con is also dressing up as a spartan, but one of the ones from Halo 5. For me it's a childhood nostalgia, along with reasons mentioned above.

Kat, question......Are they building your costume? Or are you? I know.....I know.......I'm being very harsh with you......again. Be assertive. But why should you care what their reasons are for not doing the build that you want. Calmly tell them that this is the costume you want to make and they can either accept your decision or....you can hit them upside the head w/ a large blunt object.......something like this:

e961fc479eb18ccd45377853f71172cd.jpg

I think it would be quite ironic using HQ's bat....... and I am joking of course....I don't condone violence....... I can cheer it on.... but condone? No.

Kat, question......Are they building your costume? Or are you? I know.....I know.......I'm being very harsh with you......again. Be assertive. But why should you care what their reasons are for not doing the build that you want. Calmly tell them that this is the costume you want to make and they can either accept your decision or....you can hit them upside the head w/ a large blunt object.......something like this:

View attachment 248401

I think it would be quite ironic using HQ's bat....... and I am joking of course....I don't condone violence....... I can cheer it on.... but condone? No.

I think I just died a little XD
That was the greatest comment I ever could have expected. I mean, yeah, at the end of the day I'M the one spending money on it. I think that may be part of their concern though.
I live on my own. My parents are pretty much nonexistent in my life and I struggle with NECESSARY bills. None the less doing this build. My argument is that I can get a huge discount on a lot of the items needed because I'm a student at an Art school, but I dunno.

I'm glad you are enjoying my insanity.........and apparently you have a touch of your own......Regardless, we all build to our own means, time, and skill level. Hell, there is a member here called Redshirt that built his MK 4 suit out of cardboard while overseas on tour (Military tour that is) which came out FANTASTIC!!!. And you make due with what you have, and what you can get. Free is always good. If you can make something w/o buying anything...even better.

Why do so many people argue with me about why I shouldn't dress as Kat to a Con since she's dead? I don't think it's wrong to keep her memory alive. Does anyone agree with me? Or with the other side even? I'm not afraid of criticism.
Well, uh, first off; all of Noble Team is dead...

And Kat would definitely be cool. People dress up as zombies all the time...so...I guess that leans more towards the "dead" side...xD xD xD

And I want to make a Jorge costume. Just because he's dead doesn't mean I can't cosplay as him. He's a frickin chaingun wielding juggernaut. So yeah, I'll cosplay as him someday.

So if you think Kat is totally awesome, well make Kat! Especially if you can do some really fun stuff like a needle poking through her head. Gruesome as it is awesome to see in person.

I just love how it's gone from friends trying to bully Kat out of making a Kat suit and now it's borderline the 405th bullying the opposite.

'round here we carry a thing called "The Peer Pressure Stick", it's not bullying, it's three and a half feet of one and a half inch diameter hickory. DO THE THING *whack*

We're not bullying Kat's friends..........But I think Kat needed a little incentive to not cave to peer pressure. And as far as the "Stick" goes........And the only thing and only one carrying anything like that, is Fangs....and its a Wet Noodle..........YOU DON"T WANT HER WRATH TURNED AGAINST YOU.......She is deadly w/ it!!!!

We're not bullying Kat's friends..........But I think Kat needed a little incentive to not cave to peer pressure. And as far as the "Stick" goes........And the only thing and only one carrying anything like that, is Fangs....and its a Wet Noodle..........YOU DON"T WANT HER WRATH TURNED AGAINST YOU.......She is deadly w/ it!!!!

I keep my Peer Pressure Stick in the back of my car for when I go to convention planning meetings. It's great for getting someone to wrap up their point in a hurry.

Well done 405th echo chamber, you're awesome at turning "I kind of want to do something" into "BY HELL OR HIGH WATERS, THE THING WILL BE DONE". I've never done a live build log, only ever after the action reports, I'm terrified of what the peanut gallery would bring if I was to start a thread simply titled "new suit wat do".

Bullying? Peer pressure? Pssshaaaawww.
We are just really friendly members of a excellent community supporting Kat's desire to build a suit of armour of a video game character that she really likes.

I dunno, but I sort of don't appreciate TurboCharizard 's comments. I was already stubborn on doing the Kat build. I was only seeking more ways to tell to my friends because I struggle with appropriate conversation. NO ONE is bulling anyone here, and I guess I'm sorry if you feel that way, Turbo. But you have no reason to start accusing people. In the first post I said:

I wasn't asking "Should I do this build". Actually, the opposite. I was saying "I'm doing this build and people are ridiculing me for it".

I dunno, but I sort of don't appreciate TurboCharizard 's comments. I was already stubborn on doing the Kat build. I was only seeking more ways to tell to my friends because I struggle with appropriate conversation. NO ONE is bulling anyone here, and I guess I'm sorry if you feel that way, Turbo. But you have no reason to start accusing people. In the first post I said:

I wasn't asking "Should I do this build". Actually, the opposite. I was saying "I'm doing this build and people are ridiculing me for it".
Oh, don't get the wrong idea of TurboCharizard's posts. He's joking. I'm kinda giggling liking at his posts, he's just making a joke out of the situation. Don't take it too seriously. The Peer Pressure Stick is just something funny he came up with. You probably don't get the joke quite yet because you don't have much experience with cosplay (which is perfectly alright, you'll understand soon enough).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back