Odst Armor - Steel Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Archillies

hey all. new here.

i'm going to start building the trooper gear out of steel and aluminum. i'm pretty good at this and will begin soon. have built my own custom bounty hunter for all you star wars fans, and i'm a member of the 501st legion.

i'm not really a fan of the halo games, but i've played them, so i'm familiar with what's up. but, BIG fan of the WETA short films.

where to start , might eb my first question. probably start with the chest armor. iv'e some plans for contruction and im gathering tons of referance shots. those paper things just confuse me. id rather fit it to myself.

but the first step would be to make the underarmor ballistic rig.

anyone have plans or patterns for one? also which fabrics haev you all used? i'm probably gonna use marine vinyl, with nylon rigging. probably using industrila velcro or snaps to hold the armor on.

any suggestions to get this off the ground would rock.

ACDCrockr209 said:
You should do a Halo 3 version!

the one from the WETA movie shorts.

heres an example of my previous works...

bharchillies1.jpg

IMG_6404.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With metal armour making skill it should be no problem, it's a simple suit, limited metal parts and the big ones are the helmet and lower legs, the rest is padding or smaller metal pieces. I've made armour for the SCA so I may attempt this as well.

On your first Bounty Hunter pic it looks like you got an L851. But you should go ahead and make Master Chief armor right after you make the ODST one.

L851? not sure what that is. i'm assuming you mean the rifle. no. thats a custom i built a few years ago on a drill press out of MDF.

Jax Archillies said:
L851? not sure what that is. i'm assuming you mean the rifle. no. thats a custom i built a few years ago on a drill press out of MDF.

heh, but the "handgun" in the bottom picture, thats teh front off a nerf longshot :)

pablofiasco said:
heh, but the "handgun" in the bottom picture, thats teh front off a nerf longshot :)

shhhhhh.

anyway. i poked around and it doesnt appear that anyone has a pattern for the ODST H3 armored vest. i can "imagine" how the rig works out....now to figure it out on paper.

EDIT: this is the armor, in case anyone is confused by my lack of knowledge of terms used.

spartans_3.jpg

For the chest rig I'm just going to be building and layering it as I go, the insides I'll do however as long as the armour will attatch, for the parts that will be seen I'll make them as close to the WETA as possible, I'd imagine that most of it will be scratch built other than the straps, buckles and such. The padding doesn't resemble anything currently so it'll have to be made, where do you think they keep their mags and such? There doesn't seem to be any pouches.

Ingame and the pep models show no pouches, I think I might put a MOLLE leg rig and attatch some Stanag pouches for show.

I'm definitely tracking this post. Very nice armor to choose for a metal build and hopefully every thing goes well.

If your looking for shots, find someone with a capture card and i think you might be able to get some shots while playing the short film. If i am wrong on this method, someone please say so.

This Rifle to be exact :D

Have to say i've wanted to try to make this armor since i saw the video and reference shots. Can't wait to see how it turns out :D

I have a capture card if you want me to get some videos from the 360.

Great choice for steel armor, since thye ODST's don't wear much metal besides the helmet, legs, and forearms.

How's that not much? Their whole neck/back portion seems to be metal, along with several things on their chest rig, and they're whole leg area is metal. It's still a lot, you don't see much BDU under all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back