ODST Armor v6.0

Jerverant

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Hi everyone!

I've been part of the 405th Mexican Regiment for a while, but I've never posted here D: so, with the Halo 3 ODST launch on pc a few days ago, and with the release of the Official Rookie Cosplay Guide, I wanted to remake some parts of my current ODST, to make it look much more accurate (also, the last update I've made to my cosplay was like 2 years ago) so, its time!

I tought it'll be nice to post the progress here.

Index:
Torso

First of all: here is a pic of my current ODST (v5):

49864396_2194344187264356_128111680369459200_n.jpg

Jerverant Cosplay · Instagram

Last edited:

Jerverant

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Torso

After a long week, I managed to finish the new torso piece. I used for the base, my old torso, which I just repainted, and replaced some parts (specifically: Chest plate, Belt, Codpiece, Neck and Buckles/D-rings). Also, added a few screws to have a more accurate look.

Here is a before-after comparison:

01_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

02_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

To have a better look: the shoulders, neck and belt base are eva foam pieces covered in canvas fabric.

One of the issues I had with my v5 armor, was the buckles and D-rings: they weren't accurate enough, so, following the Official Rookie guide, I made some templates, laser cutted and molded them, to have an exact copy of the original pieces.

03_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

Also, the knive and sheath were upgraded: just a little sanding, repainting, and it was done.

04_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

To attach the knive in the fanny pack, I only used 2 strips with velcro, so I can remove it.

05_Mesa de trabajo 1.jpg

And that's all for now! I don't know what will be the next piece to be done, maybe the shoulders or the helmet.

Thanks for reading!

Jerverant Cosplay · Instagram

ODCA

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
I love your build!
especially your logo on the chestplate, nice detail that gave me an idea for mine, whenever I build it

by the by, you could do a punished venom snake in ODST gear

Jerverant

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
I love your build!
especially your logo on the chestplate, nice detail that gave me an idea for mine, whenever I build it

by the by, you could do a punished venom snake in ODST gear
Hahaha TMCC mods ?) (maybe I'll do a crossover...)

Harri51

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Looks great! you really improved from the older one to the new. the knife on the fanny pack is a nice touch.

FoxODST

How are you making the padded straps that go over the shoulders that the silver buckles attach to? They look like generic backpack straps at first but they look custom made. I've seen similar ones on lots of builds. Any advice on how you went about that or who or where you got them from? Thanks man! The V6 armor looks fantastic!!

Edit: I figured out the strap issue! Armor is amazing, looking forward to future updates!

Last edited: