Odst Armor!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deamon

ok so my friend and i are going to create a video about the odst to put into my portfolio for school and we are both jobless highschool seniors whose parents will not buy us anything and we rarley get money and im suposed to get money soon so i was wandering where can i get CHEAP plain white cardstock printer paper and CHEAP but good fiberglass resin and a cheap black jump suit i am already getting the free black paintball gloves from HEREwe would greatly appreciate it if you would help us out and tips are greatly taken!!!

-Deamon "dan"

Count the sheets of paper for each piece then, add them up and multiply x2. ;)

EDIT: wait i think its 7c a sheet a card stock... yeah its 7c

ok well i ment on the resin sorry i wasnt really clear, i am still recovering from piggy flu :( lol i havent slept much, kinda tired still cant think :p

deamon said:
ok so my friend and i are going to create a video about the odst to put into my portfolio for school and we are both jobless highschool seniors whose parents will not buy us anything and we rarley get money and im suposed to get money soon so i was wandering where can i get CHEAP plain white cardstock printer paper and CHEAP but good fiberglass resin and a cheap black jump suit i am already getting the free black paintball gloves from HEREwe would greatly appreciate it if you would help us out and tips are greatly taken!!!

-Deamon "dan"

Actually i plan to get a job soon...but seeing as how college is approaching I'm going to have to hurry the process up

Last edited by a moderator:
Nagito said:
Actually i plan to get a job soon...but seeing as how college is approaching I'm going to have to hurry the process up

same here lol

i bought my cardstock at my local walmart, it was around $5 for 250 sheets of 110lb, the fiberglass and resin you can get at walmart (the one near me sells it anyway) or from a car parts dealer like O'reileys or Autozone. The resin runs about $12 a quart where i can, and the fiber glass comes in $5 packages.

im not sure how much you need to do 2 ODST suits, but it only took me 2 quarts of resin and around 4 packs of fiberglass (mat or cloth, doesnt matter) to do my whole mark VI suit.

hope that helps ya a bit

ARMYofONE2469 said:
Yeah im almost over it, SO MUCH OTC DRUGS!1!11!!1!1!!!

yeah several weeks ago i got my wisdom teeth cut out and they put me on oxycoton lol i just felt alot of pressure and the taste of blood for 2 days lol

Syphon said:
i bought my cardstock at my local walmart, it was around $5 for 250 sheets of 110lb, the fiberglass and resin you can get at walmart (the one near me sells it anyway) or from a car parts dealer like O'reileys or Autozone. The resin runs about $12 a quart where i can, and the fiber glass comes in $5 packages.

im not sure how much you need to do 2 ODST suits, but it only took me 2 quarts of resin and around 4 packs of fiberglass (mat or cloth, doesnt matter) to do my whole mark VI suit.

hope that helps ya a bit

Got yeah my step brother is a manager at the O'Reileys down the road from my house so i get BIG discounts lol

deamon said:

-Deamon "dan"

Try a Walmart! If not then get an A on that exam ;D!

DeathOfBlades said:
Try a Walmart! If not then get an A on that exam ;D!

hahahaha yeah well im not really that good with academics but art i am BEASTY!!!! lol

deamon said:
hahahaha yeah well im not really that good with academics but art i am BEASTY!!!! lol

Okay what subject do you need help in? Specifically. If it is all then I'll help you with your hardest one.

DeathOfBlades said:
Okay what subject do you need help in? Specifically. If it is all then I'll help you with your hardest one.

well i have only 3 classes right now for this semester

• Interactive Media Design *no help needed*
  • U.S Government *no help needed lol*
  • English 4 *kind of difficult*

next semester instead of US government i will have Skills for the Workplace lol

Okay... I'll be honest, I jsut read the first few posts so if someone came up with a good answer ignore mine...

My Low def suit took a little less than 150 pages, That's because I took the time to re-arrange every pep file to minimize paper useage, and it was scaled to fit someone who was 5'3", yeah I'm short.

At my Wal-Mart a stack of 150 sheets of 110lb Card stock costs $6.

A 29 fl oz. can of resin cost $12 (It was enough to give me 1 coat on every piece).

I bought a 1x18x18 in square of foam padding from a local fabric store for $4 (it was on sale).

I found a pack of 2 1/2 yards of stretchy 1" strapping Which cost about $2 from the fabric store.

I used suspender clamps to hold my thigh pieces up (The fabric store was out of the cheap side release plastic clips, well they had hotpink and neon green ones) they came 2 in a pack for about $1.

I've used 2 tubes of super glue $6.

half a bottle of elmer's glue $1.50.

I bought 1 set of yellow kitchen gloves $1 (reuseable)

I only used 3 brushes ($0.88 a piece.) then i just started applying the resin by hand.

It took 4 cans of matte black spray paint to cover all the pieces in 2 coats(Used matte black because it was the cheapest and it would cover lack of detail) $1 a can.

So I've spent about $41 on a suit with 1 layer of resin.

At autozone you could get a gallon of resin for about $36.

My walmart didn't carry the gallon cans but they did carry the same fiberglass cloth/matte for a cheaper price, about $5 for an 8'x8' sheet. You'd probably want to get at least 2 or 3 sheets.

THEN you'll have to get visors, unless you just make a make-shift one. The cheapest visors I've seen online were about $12 (before shipping).

Edit: Sorry I just went on there, thanks for the gloves, I'll be picing a pair up. ANd to simplify my answer...

Walmart forcard-stock and fiberglass sheets

Autozone for resin. 1 Gallon would cost about $36 and a gallon from walmart would cost maybe $45

deamon said:
well i have only 3 classes right now for this semester

• Interactive Media Design *no help needed*
  • U.S Government *no help needed lol*
  • English 4 *kind of difficult*

next semester instead of US government i will have Skills for the Workplace lol

Oh.. I expected like Physics AP or Pre-Calc Honors or maybe Calculus AP.

Oh crap... My apologies! I feel pretty stupid right now. All the prices and stuff I gave you were for my low def Mark VI armor. so ignore all of that, except for the walmart and autozone thing.

I'm working on ODST right now and I've gotten the torso, middle, left, and right chest pieces, as well as the stomach piece done.

The left and right chest piece and the stomach piece fit on 1 page, the torso took about 9 and the middle chest piece took 2. I've printed out the belt plate onto 2 sheets.

I've used Belkalor's torso pep and the other pieces are Ral Partha's peps.

I've looked through most of the peps pieces and estimated to use about 74 more sheets for the rest of the armor.

So in total I'm expecting to go through 88 sheets. If I were you I would just go ahead and buy 2 stacks of 150 sheets. it's $10 and you'll have plenty left over if you have to re-print or decide to start on projects in the future.

Im taking AP government too. My "professor" ( he asks that we call him that despite being a high school teacher.) is hilarious, but his lectures are so boring, plus he surprise attacks you with questions you don't know the answer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back