ODST build - Finally..

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20170408_200925.jpg IMG_20170408_200942.jpg
MOLLE integrated system works like a charm with this armor! Hoping to have most of the parts assembled this weekend.

I've thought a lot about what the ODST vest would actually be made of. It's kind of hard to tell from the reference pictures I have from the actual games, but in the "We Are ODST" trailer for Halo 3 ODST it looked like a fabric MOLLE chest rig that they mounted the armor plates to (It's kind of hard to tell with the camera shaking all over the place). Anyway, I think your solution looks great. I did mine out of foam because I'm to broke to buy Sean Bradley's stuff. :lol:

Ohhhh ok so I just remembered that there was a behind the scenes thing for "We Are ODST"! It offers a little bit better view of the undersuit and the chest rig assembly.

Ohhhh ok so I just remembered that there was a behind the scenes thing for "We Are ODST"! It offers a little bit better view of the undersuit and the chest rig assembly.

Halo 3: Landfall is another great reference of real world kit. The suits are slightly different than the We Are ODST but A+ workmanship by Weta just makes me drool all over the keyboard.

Halo 3: Landfall is another great reference of real world kit. The suits are slightly different than the We Are ODST but A+ workmanship by Weta just makes me drool all over the keyboard.

Personally I like the "We are ODST" kits so much more, but the Landfall suits were pretty well done and they portrayed the ODST's perfectly! I dunno, there's just something to the "WAO" armor that just makes it stand out compared to other ODST kits.. At any rate, I've managed to attach every piece of the torso to my Interceptor vest here, so the back piece and everything else just sits perfect on the vest. :)

IMG_20170419_165253.jpg
So today i got the last pieces assembled and sanded, so just the painting remains! 2 days left before I need this done.. Ugh.. Who needs sleep anyway?

View attachment 242401
So today i got the last pieces assembled and sanded, so just the painting remains! 2 days left before I need this done.. Ugh.. Who needs sleep anyway?
Your cats would beg to differ...:D
Nice work, quite a time crunch, but you're almost there!!!
You'll surely have a papeesheewoosh result in the end!
(if you need the definition of papeesheewoosh, click my profile pic)

Your cats would beg to differ...:D
Nice work, quite a time crunch, but you're almost there!!!
You'll surely have a papeesheewoosh result in the end!
(if you need the definition of papeesheewoosh, click my profile pic)

That's.. Some definition.. xD Managed to paint the details and weather the armor today (pics will come up tomorrow) so I'm almost there..!

Looks like you had a great time!! Armor looks fantastic! I would suggest doing some weathering, though. Weathering usually makes a prop look more realistic.

Funny thing is...Cortana is taller than you! xD....I see the high heels, but still....even without them, she'd be taller than you!!! :p

Looks like you had a great time!! Armor looks fantastic! I would suggest doing some weathering, though. Weathering usually makes a prop look more realistic.

Funny thing is...Cortana is taller than you! xD....I see the high heels, but still....even without them, she'd be taller than you!!! :p

Oh I did plenty of weathering, to me less is more. :p Doesn't show that much in the bright outside pictures.

And yes my friend cosplaying Cortana is pretty damn tall, even without the heels. xD But then again I'm 175cm tall so I'm no Spartan that's for sure!

Attachments

• IMG_20170422_005127.jpg
    IMG_20170422_005127.jpg
    878.1 KB · Views: 191
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back