Foam ODST build from the ground up

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrrationalSound

Decided to do a build starting with the legs and working my way up.
I tend to start with a helmet and chest, then end up getting sloppy on the arms and legs.
I'm hoping building this way will help me keep a better level of detail all the way through.
That said, I'm still working on the legs and still managed to get distracted half way through and made an SMG lol :p
This is also the first build I decided to use templates.
20210524_154903.jpg20210524_155213.jpg

And by templates I just mean I did a bit more planning before hand than I usually do.
For my previous builds I tended to just "feel" my way through the build. (I'll post images of previous builds when I have gaps in progress for this build.)
I'm going to try to update this as best I can, I'm pretty bad for forgetting to post progress images.
20210524_155941.jpg20210524_155931.jpg
So there the shins are planned out.
20210524_155420.jpg20210524_155405.jpg
The SMG's stock is removable/extendable and has a silencer that can be screwed on and off.
I also used an airsoft rail on the top to be able to attach a red dot sight.
20210524_155441.jpg
For the SMG I'm trying to follow Wernissage's SMG redesign where they mashed the H5 and H3 ODST SMGs together.
But it's looking like my design is still a bit closer to the H3/ODST/H2 design.
Either way check out Wernissage on youtube and discord!

For the ODST armour build itself I'm trying to follow the Rookie cosplay guide 343 put out, but also using ODST BDU images off the Halopedia page.
I unfortunately refunded my FanExpo tickets this year, but I'll definitely be at next years with this armour!

See ya'll around,
IrrationalSound

I'm open to any advice and criticism for this build

Also if anyone has any tips for the ODST visor I'm all ears, I've avoided making an ODST helmet for a long time because of the shape of the visor.
It still scares me thinking about what I'm going to do for it :s

also can you make the template into pdf form? I really would like to try them
Honestly I don't really make a template. I sort of cut and fit pieces as I go.
The "templates" you see in the first picture I posted are all I've got.
I drew them out on graph paper while looking at the Rookie cosplay guide.
I ended up making some more modifications even once things were glued together, to make them fit more comfortably and allow for more movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back