ODST build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierra Charlie

So, Im going with an ODST build for my first costume for the 405th. I'm going to use combat shirt (grey) and either grey BDU pants or find a decent urban camo scheme. Once I get more work on the armor Ill post some WIPS up here, but for the mean time, anyone got any tips for a first time builder and ODST cosplayer?

Woo! More ODSTs! Excited to see your build! There are lots of tips for ODSTs but nothing really general that I can think of. When you start building and run into questions, just ask and I'm sure one (or many) of these amazing builders will hop in to help.

Whatever medium you choose, just remember to take your time and don't be discouraged by errors/ mistakes. There is a fairly steep learning curve in this hobby but, with perseverance, you can get to where you want to be.

Good luck on your build can't wait to see it!

Welcome aboard future fellow trooper! We can provide better help as you ask any specific questions, but here are some general tips.
  • Take the time to scale pieces correctly. Armorsmith ($35 USD) can help a lot in getting scale close
  • Gather plenty of reference images since you're planning an ODST check out the Rookie Cosplay Guide and adjust for any other character or custom ODST you want to make
  • Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Turn mistakes into battle damage or consider it practice and make another (especially if using foam). Each piece you'll get better
  • Ask plenty of questions
  • Take breaks as you need to. Building your suit shouldn't be a chore that you have to get done.
  • And most importantly: Have Fun!
Looking forward to see what you build! You got this.

got any tips for a first time builder and ODST cosplayer?
ODSTs are like onions. They have layers.
The difference between a good ODST and a great ODST is the different protective layers around the torso. Jump into the references to check and see how you want to pull off the different vest and armour layers.

ODSTs are like onions. They have layers.
The difference between a good ODST and a great ODST is the different protective layers around the torso. Jump into the references to check and see how you want to pull off the different vest and armour layers.
So ODST’s are like onions? We have layers?

Woo! More ODSTs! Excited to see your build! There are lots of tips for ODSTs but nothing really general that I can think of. When you start building and run into questions, just ask and I'm sure one (or many) of these amazing builders will hop in to help.

Whatever medium you choose, just remember to take your time and don't be discouraged by errors/ mistakes. There is a fairly steep learning curve in this hobby but, with perseverance, you can get to where you want to be.

Good luck on your build can't wait to see it!
I appreciate it! Def will ask or find answers on the as I can!

Like Fallen said, if you ever have any questions or need help, just ask. The members are here to help you succeed in your build.
I'm currently building my 2nd ODST suit.
This is my build thread for both suits.
Check it out if you like.

PaiganBoi and I are both in ODST remake builds right now both with different build approaches so if you want an overload of Helljumper build techniques, here's another currently updating thread.

For the record, I'm also doing an ODST. It's not very far along and I'm using pep and bondo method so it's probs not super useful for you but yeah lots of ODSTs around right now and all of us are here to help.

So I got one prop finished and painted. I took the Nerf gun version of the Assault Rifle and sanded down some of the nerf and halo marks (I still need to get rid of a few of them on the mag). I'm not really sure what to do with the ammo counter up top, if y'all have a suggestion, Im all ears for it!
162526436_773784880186724_5950034027553067767_n.jpg

So I got one prop finished and painted. I took the Nerf gun version of the Assault Rifle and sanded down some of the nerf and halo marks (I still need to get rid of a few of them on the mag). I'm not really sure what to do with the ammo counter up top, if y'all have a suggestion, Im all ears for it!
View attachment 304630
I'm not sure about the ammo counter, but I love that they/you included the "Reach stripe" near the front of the gun.
Love that motif!

Is it possible to get a different angle on the ammo counter? I've only ever done an MA5, not the MA40. Also, excited for another ODST!

Is it possible to get a different angle on the ammo counter? I've only ever done an MA5, not the MA40. Also, excited for another ODST!
When I get a chance, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it, or if I just want to print and glue a picture of the counter on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back