ODST Cosplay (new to cosplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtBrown5252

Hello so Im new to the cosplay scene and would really like some helps and tips on how to do this as I've never so much as done anything even similar to this. I Plan to at least try to print all the solid parts on a 3d printer with a build space of X180mm x Y180 mm x Z320mm. Ive already started on the weapons starting with the silenced smg and planning to start the pistol build tomorrow.
The part that i feel I'll have the most trouble with is the scaling of the separate armor pieces as i am 6ft 4in and I at least assume I'm going to have to scale all pieces up. I plan to use this helmet.
Though I'm not sure how I'm going to get a visor as i have no Vac form equipment or how i'm going to cut it up to fit it for my printer and for now that is all i really have planned.

View attachment 257247

View attachment 257248

View attachment 257249

1. I have now idea how to get rid of those attachment things
2. Here is the smg so far.
IMG_0196.JPG

Hello so Im new to the cosplay scene and would really like some helps and tips on how to do this as I've never so much as done anything even similar to this. I Plan to at least try to print all the solid parts on a 3d printer with a build space of X180mm x Y180 mm x Z320mm. Ive already started on the weapons starting with the silenced smg and planning to start the pistol build tomorrow.
The part that i feel I'll have the most trouble with is the scaling of the separate armor pieces as i am 6ft 4in and I at least assume I'm going to have to scale all pieces up. I plan to use this helmet.
Though I'm not sure how I'm going to get a visor as i have no Vac form equipment or how i'm going to cut it up to fit it for my printer and for now that is all i really have planned.

View attachment 257247

View attachment 257248

View attachment 257249

The build plate size limitations are a thing but it's not as terrible as you think, it just means a bit of extra patience and a bit of extra sanding later down the road. For breaking up the model I'd suggest either using Fusion 360 or Meshmixer to set up a series of plane cuts at distances slightly smaller than your maximum printable area to allow for a brim/raft.

The vac forming equipment is a bit tricky. Currently I'm using a large toaster over, a ShopVac and a box built of MDF, hardboard and pegboard which works but the size is limiting. A solution like this one from Bob Clagett seems to be pretty effective and approaching the size that would be needed for a lot of different armour pieces.

Thanks for the recommendation on vac forming and for the software links. Another thing i would really like to know more about is when i get to a point were i have a the full helmet should i spray paint it or use regular paint and also some recommendations when it comes to customization would help.

I was able to successfully cut the helmet into printable pieces now i just need to do test prints to see how much if any i need to scale it.

Wow everything looks amazing. You’ve done excellent work so far and I can’t wait to see everything once it’s all finished. I’m also new to cosplay myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back