Hello all. After building a couple sets of DFT armor for my kids, I thought I would make one for myself. I made the helmet using lessons learned from the earlier build. Things like adding cutouts for fans with working intakes on the cheek pieces, etc. When I got to the chest part, I wanted to make it easier to get on and off and bought several sets of the quick release motorcycle straps. By doing this, I was able to release the side and top shoulder portion. It allowed for easy donning of the chest armor. My plan was to build the shoulder epaulets/straps, reinforce the underside with a thin (shaped) metal and use Velcro to hold it on. Side plates were going to be built in the same fashion. This was all good, but there was a nagging in my thoughts that this build was just a bigger version of what I had already done. While the DFT builds are great for simplicity and learning, they just seemed to be lacking and I didn’t want to go that route again. I wanted my build to be closer to the actual ODST look that I’ve seen many members in here pull off. So…….I scrapped the whole DFT build and started the chest armor from scratch using the foam pep files found within the 405th. The helmet is my version of the DFT build, but I feel it is still far removed from what the actual ODST helmet looks like. I will more than likely scrap the helmet as well and follow the foam pep file for that. I am a former police officer and still have many friends who are, so my paint scheme will follow a two-tone color with a black base with blue accenting throughout. Maybe some gray and silver to enhance the color pallet. I also started on a pepakura Master Chief build, but with the weather in my parts and the lack of any covered outside work area, I am afraid fiberglass and bondo in the summer is an absolute no-go. Anyhow, here are some images of what I have so far. I will update as I finish different sections. Thoughts and opinions are welcome if you see something that could be done differently or better.