Caleb I

Hello all!

I have been for some time wanting to create a Halo cosplay, first starting with a Halo CE Marine (I'll come back to that one in time), now a Halo 3 ODST, and in the future a Mark V build.

Note I haven't done anything like cosplay ever so I'm reading a ton and learning a lot but the experience is little, and that's what counts the most. I'm sure we can all agree there. Thus let me inform you all where I am now and what I've done.

So, last year I started with Andrew DFT templates, finished the helmet twice, (first was wrong size), and began the chestplate, half way through I scrapped it and gave it to my twin brother so he can pick up where I left off. I scrapped it after seeing an image of comparison between DFT's templates and PEP work. Anywho... I've gotten a visor buck printed from Jeffrey's Halo 3 ODST Helmet Wearable Cosplay. Created (2) vac form tables, first was too big and not what I needed, I had an idea, ran with it, and was wrong. Thus I made a smaller one that we thought would barely work but did amazing work. After 2 visor tries with 1 success, I learned I need to fill and smooth my buck so that the print lines do not show on the visor.

Finally that leads to now... I am wanting to begin the foam pep template work soon and am lost and on a path at the same time. I'm trying to scale using ArmorSmith Designer with some slight difficulty. I am looking for some good ODST references and am feeling as if there's a lot more blank space than I thought. However after running into Hugh's ODST Build, I was amazed yet saddened as all of his links are dead for the pep files. Does anyone have these? I am currently working with what was in the armory but the known ODST chestplate piece is missing for the foam files. (due to timing and availability I don't think I can work towards unfolding and doing these things myself quite yet).

Any suggestions or help?

EDIT_5/6/2019:
Does anyone have on hand a foam pep file for the odst center chest piece that is game accurate? I just remembered that is not on the 405ths armory that I've seen.
Thanks!
END_EDIT

Where I am currently with ArmorSmith

The current Vac Form Setup

The roughly completed Helmet with vac formed visor (needs finished up with sealing, painting, etc...)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.