Odst Game Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

timecon

working on 2 separate pep models

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqmxDvMSHIU[/media]

Looking good like always Tim! Im always impressed by the amount of detail you can fit into your projects. Cant wait to see more.

LastSpartan said:
Love it Tim! ;)

For the casting resin, did you used it directly inside the helmet or thickened it?

Just poured the plastic right into the pep

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful Tim, like others have already said "you never fail to amaze us"... keep it up, i look forward to seeing you finish this.

Nice helmets tim! You're bondo work is really great... do you add a thick layer of bondo and dremel the details onto it? I remember you explained your method, but can't remember where you post it.

Looks great, keep it up!

I might sound like a noob, which I am, but what kind of plastic did you pour inside, also did you resin it before you did? Please respond, thanks.

I second that request from Underdogg13. I would like to know what kind of plastic you used as well. I am thinking of getting some Smooth Cast 320, but that plastic is rather expensive and I want to make sure I get usable stuff.

Fearless Son said:
I second that request from Underdogg13. I would like to know what kind of plastic you used as well. I am thinking of getting some Smooth Cast 320, but that plastic is rather expensive and I want to make sure I get usable stuff.

right on the target smoothcast 320 is what I used

Could you post a tutorial about how to line the helm with plastic please tim? It looks like a really good method.

also, whats the difference between the older WETA odst helm and the newer Rookie helm?

Looking good Tim, I too would love to see the straight pour method, never would have thought of using casting resin inside like a epoxy/polyester liner +1 for thinking outside the box Bro !!

sierra092 said:
Could you post a tutorial about how to line the helm with plastic please tim? It looks like a really good method.

also, whats the difference between the older WETA odst helm and the newer Rookie helm?

You mean the two hemets in the vid?

Because if you are it's kinda easy to tell the differences...

sierra092 said:

my file haz more detail to it. as the weta is just as a base to work with.

Underdogg13 said:
I might sound like a noob, which I am, but what kind of plastic did you pour inside, also did you resin it before you did? Please respond, thanks.

sierra092 said:

SpartanW27 said:
I would also like to see a tut for your "just pour the plastic in" method. It seems very easy and time saving. thx :D

Omega7 said:
Pretty awesome stuff. Another +1 for the just pour method, would love to see how to do it.

Guard1an said:
Looking good Tim, I too would love to see the straight pour method, never would have thought of using casting resin inside like a epoxy/polyester liner +1 for thinking outside the box Bro !!

wow people do a search on it Ruze has posted a full write up tutorial that has great detail and there was also a member who posted a video of pouring plastic inside the helm

EDIT: heres the link for Ruze's write up

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15472&st=0&p=242344&#entry242344

an heres the vido tutorial by jedistumpy

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17609&st=0&p=279776&#entry279776

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back