ODST Helmet Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supre_

Just wanted to show my first ODST helmet build. This was 3D printed from files found on MyMiniFactory then filled, sanded and painted. The visor buck was printed with ABS then vacuum formed and dyed by using stain glass spray paint.

Attachments

• image8.jpg
    image8.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 186
  • image9.jpg
    image9.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 176
  • image10.jpg
    image10.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 171
Just wanted to show my first ODST helmet build. This was 3D printed from files found on MyMiniFactory then filled, sanded and painted. The visor buck was printed with ABS then vacuum formed and dyed by using stain glass spray paint.

The visor was printed with abs then vacuum formed?

The visor was printed with abs then vacuum formed?
Yeah, the file for the visor is not a thin piece to just fit it. Its a buck that you vacuum form over with a sheet of PETG plastic to get a shell of it then cut out the waste. This pic should give you an idea of what I mean. ABS is needed for the buck as it holds up to the temps needed for vacuum forming

Attachments

• 2020-07-05 21_03_22-Window.png
    2020-07-05 21_03_22-Window.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 141
Well done! You even did a really great job on the paint. Love that color scheme
Thank you! I had spray paint left from other projects so was just using it up. Might go for red colour scheme if I make anouther

okay cool, I tried vacuum forming once but not with abs only pla and the vacuum wasn't very strong either. do you have a vacuum forming machine?

okay cool, I tried vacuum forming once but not with abs only pla and the vacuum wasn't very strong either. do you have a vacuum forming machine?
I have a wooden kit I got off a seller on ebay but they no longer seem to be selling them. They are similar ones on etsy. I use a Henry Hoover to pull the vacuum. Tried a small hand vacuum at first but was not getting enough suction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back