ODST helmet question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talisker

Hey guys wanted to throw it out to the veteran builders out there, I have a Sean Bradley visor for my ODST helmet (foam) and I was wondering does anyone know which 3D helmet files out there will happily take this visor?

Hey guys wanted to throw it out to the veteran builders out there, I have a Sean Bradley visor for my ODST helmet (foam) and I was wondering does anyone know which 3D helmet files out there will happily take this visor?
The free one on MyMiniFactory at default scale will work.

so ive made two attempts at the jaw of this helmet, so far one at full size and one at the standard human to spartan scale down of 80% but currently my sean bradley odst visor fits neither! does anyone have any advice its too small for the full size and waay to big for the 80% was gonna try 90 next but before i wast some print hours and filament thought id ask if anyone has printed this helmett and used a bradley visor what size did you make it to fit?

so ive made two attempts at the jaw of this helmet, so far one at full size and one at the standard human to spartan scale down of 80% but currently my sean bradley odst visor fits neither! does anyone have any advice its too small for the full size and waay to big for the 80% was gonna try 90 next but before i wast some print hours and filament thought id ask if anyone has printed this helmett and used a bradley visor what size did you make it to fit?

I ended up purchasing a visor from SporkSaladCreations on Etsy, Sean’s Visor worked but it didn’t fit quite right.

Sean bradleys visor works for his helmet specifically. There are several models of the odst helmet out there. Each one has its own creators variations. So different visors work with different helmets.

Yeah this I’m discovering much to my own personal pain, the visor was great for my foam made helmet where I could adjust how to seat it but in the 3D printed version it just isn’t the right shape for most of the models I’ve found and now I’m probably most of a spool out on trial and error, might have to call it quits and buy a rookie helm from him and just detail it how I want, visor was expensive so I was hoping to get a few years use out of it before trying to make my own

You could probably heat the visor slightly to form it to your helmet, whilst cutting the corners slightly until snug.

Even with the correct visor for the Dutch Props ODST 3d printable helmet, a lot of trimming and test fitting is needed to get it to sit right w/o noticeable gaps.

Also, Sean Bradleys odst sculpt was based off the original pep file by rundown.

There's a stl version of it on Thingiverse as seen below.

It's not guaranteed that if you print this, the visor will fit. This is because Sean Bradleys was originally made from pepakura, warping from paper being wet with resins, filler+ sanding processes etc. would have affected the final shape, including the visor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back