odst helmet visor lights advice

Shadow the ODST

My ODST helmet is almost finished but i am planning on adding lights to the visor to recrate how the in game helmet can change between tinting and see through. I have tested the visor and light will cause my black tinted visor to go clear but i am not sure how to set up these lights. Should I buy a few individual LED's and wire it up to a battery and switch or should i use those stripe LED's that are like rolls of tape? also my helmet has a red and black colour scheme so was wondering if I should use red light instead of white. what are your thoughts/experience on this matter?

Chris

FalseShepherd

My ODST helmet is almost finished but i am planning on adding lights to the visor to recrate how the in game helmet can change between tinting and see through. I have tested the visor and light will cause my black tinted visor to go clear but i am not sure how to set up these lights. Should I buy a few individual LED's and wire it up to a battery and switch or should i use those stripe LED's that are like rolls of tape? also my helmet has a red and black colour scheme so was wondering if I should use red light instead of white. what are your thoughts/experience on this matter?

Chris
I don't know how to do this. But I'm interested in knowing how you tinted your visor so that the lights will make it go clear! That's super cool. I don't understand how that works...

Shadow the ODST

I don't know how to do this. But I'm interested in knowing how you tinted your visor so that the lights will make it go clear! That's super cool. I don't understand how that works...
I used some black tinting film for car lights from amazon and just stuck it (with grate difficulty) to the plastic before cutting and assembling the pieces. I am not sure how well it works for the other colures but I assume black probably works best. now if you shine a bright light from inside the helmet at say your hand which is also in the helmet you can see the hand. Its not perfect but its a good enough for first timer and on the cheap.

Link to what i used:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/EASYTAR-St...db77f&pd_rd_wg=UO9oe&pd_rd_i=B01LZZ0W3F&psc=1

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.