ODST help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strangebrownie

Hey guys, I'm almost done finishing up an ODST helmet that I'm making for my friend. Now onto the hard part.
I don't know where to get the Visor from. Its a ODST helm from Halo 2 (heard it was the easiest to make up). I was thinking about using a snowmobile helmet visor for it and using tint on the visor to give it the black look and put lights on the inside to make it look clear. Simmilar to one that was auctioned off for a bennifit last year.

But I do like the look of the Halo ODST game helmet visor. I was then thinking of using that one but don't know where people are getting them. I haven't seen them around at any bike shops. Any help would be great.

Thanks again guys.

~Brownie

Hey guys, I'm almost done finishing up an ODST helmet that I'm making for my friend. Now onto the hard part.
I don't know where to get the Visor from. Its a ODST helm from Halo 2 (heard it was the easiest to make up). I was thinking about using a snowmobile helmet visor for it and using tint on the visor to give it the black look and put lights on the inside to make it look clear. Simmilar to one that was auctioned off for a bennifit last year.

But I do like the look of the Halo ODST game helmet visor. I was then thinking of using that one but don't know where people are getting them. I haven't seen them around at any bike shops. Any help would be great.

Thanks again guys.

~Brownie

Unfortunately for ODST, you cannot actually "get" the visor. You cannot really buy a visor off the market and cut to size. You either make it yourself by cutting a sheet of clear plastic and glue them together. One better option is to vacuform the visor. There are some members who sell visors they made. However, they are specific to a helmet. Hence, it may not fit yours. Do a search on ODST visor and there are some tutorials on how to make your own.

I'm not so sure about Halo 2 but there are some ways that you can go about obtaining an ODST visor. You can ask some 405th members about buying them (I know they're out there I just don't remember their usernames)

And there's some other tutorials where you use some plastic, cut it a few ways and assemble it similar to a pep file (from my understanding)

Here's one: ZakuAce tutorial

Actually the Halo 2 visor isn't as different in shape as the Halo 3 and later versions are to a normal visor you can buy from a store. Look at Chiefers Halo 2 ODST build and see what he's using.

I know there have been a few Halo 2 ODST helmets made from members on here so look for those and check the reference and the sizing of your own build to best decide on what to use.

thanks for the help guys, you've given me a few ideas I might try to work with. I'll post some pictures of what I've got done so far soon.

~Brownie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back