Odst Hev

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistol panda

Hey, me and my friend want to start a odst drop pod, once we get the materials. i was just wondering if you guys have any tips or ideas? Thanks alot.

tip : get alota wood :p

this would be good to see i say get as much references as possible and good luck

wood is probably going to be cheaper and easier to work with, but i think a metal shell would have to be a must

the halo encyclopedia has a really good pic of both the inside and outside of the pod i can scan it and post it here for you if you want

Remember, it's 18 feet tall.

Use plenty of wood. Metal is expensive and requires skill to work with, but it'll likely end up looking nicer.

My guess is you should probably only make the exposed portion, and build it so it's at an angle, sticking slightly backwards, as well as up. This will eliminate the useless portion that is underground, and make it look like it fell 100 miles and landed in someone's house/garage/backyard/et cetera.

i would definitely suggest a wooden skeleton coated in some sort of rough outer shell. Perhaps plywood sanded down to detail? If you go with this, leave a way to access the skeleton for maintenance. As for the interior, MAKE IT REMOVABLE. I would go with a sliding mechanism to take the interior out for maintenance. As for the details, three things. Leds, Foam, And Vinyl.

hi

nice idea to make a pot

I would make the base of wooden poles

and many plate materials used for the sides

SchizophrenicMC said:
Remember, it's 18 feet tall.

Use plenty of wood. Metal is expensive and requires skill to work with, but it'll likely end up looking nicer.

My guess is you should probably only make the exposed portion, and build it so it's at an angle, sticking slightly backwards, as well as up. This will eliminate the useless portion that is underground, and make it look like it fell 100 miles and landed in someone's house/garage/backyard/et cetera.

that would look sweet, and you could jump out of it and scare your neighbors

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm helping pistol panda out on this one, and was wondering which you think we should use. We could use nails or screws, but we just have to be careful on how thick or wood is and how well it'll hold. Glue is probaly out though, considering it probaly won't hold. Any suggestions guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back