ODST "Buck-le" STLs (the STL formerly known as Hip Hardware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonViper97

Member DIN
S097
With COVID-19 having shut down my entire industry, I'm taking some time to improve my ODST armor. You can find my original build here: EVA ODST Armor WIP. I modeled this detail on the Halo 3: ODST hip armor in Fusion360 and I think some people might find it useful. They look to be mounts for the pouches you see on many ODST's hips (like Dutch for example).

There are two versions in the zipped folder: one with a half inch block on the bottom for through-hole mounting, and one that will sit flush. Both versions have a left and a right. You can look at the reference pictures below but basically the triangular tabs face forward, and the long rectangular detail should be on top. These files are scaled for me, so resize as needed.

Right Hip Reference:
ODST Right Hip.PNG

Left Hip Reference:
ODST Left Hip.PNG

Here are renders of the STLs.
Half inch mounting block:
ODST Hip Hardware Render.png

Flush Mount
ODST Hip Hardware Surface Mount Render.png

Keep it clean,

Crimson

Attachments

• ODST Hip Hardware.zip
    183 KB · Views: 511
I finally got around to printing these for my armor. As you can see, one has a little chip that I'll have to reprint, but this should give you an idea of their scale.

IMG_20200422_012032.jpg
IMG_20200422_012025.jpg
IMG_20200422_011952.jpg

Note: This is the non surface-mount version.

Legend! I was just thinking about how to approach the thigh details, a lot of builds seem to miss them. I was planning to print some of the smaller details of my armor like the buckles and such, so this is absolutely perfect.

Have some boot buckles! The internal channel is .75in wide for use with, you guessed it, .75in webbing.

ODST Boot Buckle Left.PNGODST Boot Buckle Right.png

For those of you who may be wondering what the heck this is here's a little photo.

ODST Boot Outside.PNG

Some people play halo... something something.

Edit: disclaimer I haven't printed these yet.

Attachments

• ODST Boot Buckles.zip
    563.5 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back