ODST lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmevanko

Is there a place to buy the odst helmet lens? or are there ways to make it? it just seems like a normal motorcycle visor just won't cut it with this helmet

i think that benstreeper sell vacuum forms to other members... contact him about it.

EDIT: oh wait... maybe it was Sean Bradley... i think the post below me is right.

A friend of mine got one from Sean Bradley. They're pretty nice except it didn't fit his helmet right.

yah, sean bradly sells some i think, but of course they wont fit right. the way im going to do mine is i bought a sheet of clear styrene, printed out the visor part of the pepakura a little larger than the one for my helmet, and used the two peices as a template for the two peices of plastic. this way you only have to make a few main bends, instead of forming the whole thing. i use a heat gun to heat the edge till it bends.
IMG_0261.jpg

thats the second one i did and tinted. the first one superglue ruined, and this one the paint isnt sticking too wel, so im going to bend it a bit better for my third one and possibly sand it a bit to help the paint stick better.

Just buy one, It will save you a lot of work and money, and Sean's visors are cheaper than motorcycle visors. Contact Sean and I promise you, you will be happy with your purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back