Odst Live Action Armor> New Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForgedReclaimer

I always wanted to make ODST parts but all of them where done before so when the live action trailer came up and i saw the slightly different chest piece i decided to make it. made from a blueprint mad from the trailer and its in 3 parts, i didn't do the top indent i really don't know what to do about it yet. anyways here's a shot of it and tell me what you think and if you want the model in pep because i know a few ODST chest pieces already exist.

ODST_Live_Action_chest_piece_by_ForgedReclaimer.jpg

Tanker ODST chest OBJ 3d:Download

To any who builds this armor or attempts to please contact me for any problems or let me know how its going.

Tanker DL:

Unfolded by harding23 Download

unfolded by mks81 Download

tanker is a larger more extruded custom version of the standard ODST armor witch has a hatch that can be used for items(items stored very on scaled size).

Tanker_odst_by_ForgedReclaimer.jpg

odstref.jpg

Not at all. If you get this peped and unfolded right, I will be a happy man.

- Adulese

Believe it or not my first thought when I saw the commercial was looks like we are going to get another ODST armour permutation... and here it is. Looks good for such a short amount of time. It is the first one piece chest armour that I actually like the look of.

UPDATE ready for unfold link in top.

odst_model_to_pep_by_ForgedReclaimer.jpg

thank you in advance to anyone who unfolds it because im probably going to use it for my armor

my armor design test

My_ODST_by_ForgedReclaimer.jpg

unsc anubis 117 said:
nice job are you going to work on the rest of the suit ?

with some good ref i would attempt it.

"Sigh" after the work i put into it after watching the trailer in full and hd i can see 1 screwed up MAJOR on the center of the chest which means rebuild :(

and second of all, tarkovs chest plate only opens because its torn apart so that models out too. i think its a proper time to say some bad words but i wont swear.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think is off about the center? Personally, I think it looks great, but maybe I need to watch the trailer a few hundred more times.

EDIT: Also, can't wait for a possible unfold of this once you think it's ready, I'll definitely build it immediately and use it for my ODST.

Flyerfye said:
What do you think is off about the center? Personally, I think it looks great, but maybe I need to watch the trailer a few hundred more times.

the mid section sticks out just a little to fare and the top isn't indented like it is otherwise its perfect, that and the tarkov model is NONE existent in the halo verse it was only torn not made to open(and i liked the open up idea so much:(.).

ForgedReclaimer said:
with some good ref i would attempt it.

"Sigh" after the work i put into it after watching the trailer in full and hd i can see 1 screwed up MAJOR on the center of the chest which means rebuild :(

and second of all, tarkovs chest plate only opens because its torn apart so that models out too. i think its a proper time to say some bad words but i wont swear.

Check the live action reference thread. Belakor has his flickr link posted there where I'm sure he has posted 100+ images, both SD and HD.

mks81 said:
Check the live action reference thread. Belakor has his flickr link posted there where I'm sure he has posted 100+ images, both SD and HD.

i was just there and saw that too, i was going to do that today but i guess i don't have to now :) expect more models.

Cant wait for the final chest plate model. I think i will use that instead of Nightshades just because of personal preference. Good job so far and thanks for starting so quickly, we all appreciate it.

-Taco

looks good and i think the secret compartment is a good idea even if its not accurate and if u need an unfolder im ur man,ill be watching this topic

Several comments if you don't mind. :)

odst1.png

I think there are 4 major layers of armor here.

1: curved cetral part with nickname on top and UNSC text on the bottom

2: small trapezoid flaps on the sides (left one has MK117 on it)

3: main part with 4 bolts on each side, with one major horizontal bump and ODST logo on the left part (over the heart)

4: thin, extra part slightly wider than the main part attached with aforementioned bolts

There is one problematic place where lower part of the armor covers bottom of the main part (cyan on the center right and bottom picture). This makes it hard/impossible to guess what's around the spot marked with red arrow. There are three possible shapes of the main part (navy blue):

A: no corner, goes across

B: 90deg corner, noes up, under the central piece

C: some sort of curve that's neither A nor B

You've decided that it's pretty much B. At the same time you've added some thin membrane underneath.

My_ODST_by_ForgedReclaimer.jpg

IMO it's best to think about this armor as if it were 4 separate pieces. In that sense the main, thickest part (blue) has the shape A, on top of that there's a small central part (magenta) with trapezoid ends sticking out onder the top most, curved part that covers it all (red). There are also extra pads under main part (green) attached with bolts. This way it makes it easier to model and build the ODST breastplate.

sketchvd.png

It's possible that magenta and red parts are one - this would also fit the "let's put a hidden compartment there" idea, making this whole piece detachable.

Also based on this:

odst_model_to_pep_by_ForgedReclaimer.jpg

I think your horizontal edge across the main plate is a little to low (should be closer to the bottom of the trapezoid parts).

all good pints that will go to the V2, but i will still keep my old version one tarkov hatch.

I'm making the tarkov hatch chest as more of a joke but i have seen some wacky things around here, im making the compartment bigger and doing some work to turn it into a drink holder. i doubt people will use it but i will :) game accurate or not i like it.

tarcovdrinkcabnet.jpg

you can fit two cans and some stuff into it in the updated version.the can i made and it says SARGED blood of the the enemy. REDVSBLUE reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back