Props ODST Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt.Dan

Recently I completed a build of the ODST Magnum, a master which I will then make silicone moulds out of. The part is made out of MDF and took a few weeks of roughing and fine detail work. Overall I am very pleased with the result.
ODST magnum.jpg

Recently I completed a build of the ODST Magnum, a master which I will then make silicone moulds out of. The part is made out of MDF and took a few weeks of roughing and fine detail work. Overall I am very pleased with the result.View attachment 246609
Looks good!

I will warn you that you will probably want to smooth that out with some spot putty first, especially if you plan on molding and casting it. MDF tends to have a rough surface which doesn't look very good when painted. Put a coat of primer on it to see what it looks like, then see if it needs a little spot putty.

But your model does look very nice and detailed. Keep up the good work!

Looks good!

I will warn you that you will probably want to smooth that out with some spot putty first, especially if you plan on molding and casting it. MDF tends to have a rough surface which doesn't look very good when painted. Put a coat of primer on it to see what it looks like, then see if it needs a little spot putty.

But your model does look very nice and detailed. Keep up the good work!
Will definitely give that a shot. I've hit it with clear coat to bring the wood fibers up and taken it down with 400 grit sandpaper. A few areas will definitely need the putty as you suggested. This will be the first time I've ever done moulding and casting so this will be an exercise in the do's and dont's. Thank you for the suggestions! All advice is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back