ODST (Reach) Military Suit and Armor

SpecialOpsJoe2

Hey everyone, this my very first costume project post here, and a pretty hard one indeed, the main reason i came to this forum and spend a LOT of time digging everywhere.

A little background :
French 3D student who comes from LARP where i worked on medieval armor (leather / mail / metal), got some experience on Pepakura and 3D printing, i bought my second printer 3 years ago, which i still need to upgrade, and i used to spend time on Star Wars and Doctor Who props.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I started by looking for references on the internet, comparing the different ODST suits, and choose the Reach model, much more detailed and heavy than the halo 3 odst model. I gathered some pictures and finally could get my hand on the 3D in-game model with textures, ended up assembling a 3d scene with all the elements for this project.

capturesdsds-jpg.jpg

I'm gonna be using 3D printing as a base then mold it and produce copies with Fiberglass + Urethane.
Since i'll be using basic pieces like gloves, military shoes, base uniform, i'm wondering if i could sew complex suits myself. I red that nylon and coton are mostly used for the uniform, but i can't guess what type of fabric are used on both the IRL suits or the Reach Marine suits.

untitled-1-png.png

A little fantasy of mine, and this one will probably never be possible in this lifetime, but the creation of a realtime HUD inside the helmet.. google glasses ? An inside screen ? whatever, that would be fun to give it a try.. dream on...

See you soon for the next updates !

Sean Anwalt

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S530
RogueOneSpartan, you did that wrong! You'll never get the random ranger to appear that way! Don't worry, I'll take care of it for ya.

*dons creepy robe and hood*

"RandomRanger, We beseech thee! Come to the aid of the technologically curious! Render unto us who are technologically impaired!!"

*lights candles*

"Give unto us the Displays that are Heads Up!!!"

There. That should do it.

RandomRanger

Armory Assistant
Community Staff
Member DIN
S063
whosummonedme.png

SpecialOpsJoe2 I made a Google Glass type thing that I stuck in my helmet, and wrote up a tutorial here: Ranger's HUD Progress

However, I'm currently working on building a new HUD that runs as a VR application on Android phones, and hope to have a version out before the next HOD comes around. So if you're looking for a realtime and useful hud, stick around :)

1590264406728.png

Also, I see Sean Anwalt cast a powerful spell to bring me here, nice :D

Sean Anwalt

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S530
Yup! Just be careful not to tap your newly sharpened blade on the counter; it'll dull your blade!

ALSO: Works great for your foam cutting blades, too!

Last edited: