ODST rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nob1e Actua1

So 3 years ago I tried my very first attempt at cosplay and as an ODST. After making 2 Halo 3 Marines for Outpost Discovery and meeting a lot of you I really wanted to remake my ODST. Both armors are made from foam, contact cement, and copious amount of paint. Unfortunately I no longer have access to the Armorsmith program. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on any similar programs, or tips and tricks?

If you take the time to learn it, you can use Blender. I used it once to make a simple paper pattern for a helmet, but it can be done for any pattern, like Armorsmith (obviously not as easily though).
Haven't watched it for a while but hopefully it will help! Of course there's always the old fasioned way of paper and duct tape patterns, but I had enough of that with my CE Marine build, hence why I got Armorsmith.

If you take the time to learn it, you can use Blender. I used it once to make a simple paper pattern for a helmet, but it can be done for any pattern, like Armorsmith (obviously not as easily though).
Haven't watched it for a while but hopefully it will help! Of course there's always the old fasioned way of paper and duct tape patterns, but I had enough of that with my CE Marine build, hence why I got Armorsmith.
Thank you for the info I will have to look into it.

So 3 years ago I tried my very first attempt at cosplay and as an ODST. After making 2 Halo 3 Marines for Outpost Discovery and meeting a lot of you I really wanted to remake my ODST. Both armors are made from foam, contact cement, and copious amount of paint. Unfortunately I no longer have access to the Armorsmith program. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on any similar programs, or tips and tricks?
pepakura designer has a free version for viewing PDO files and such for print outs. assuming you're doing foam. However if you scale the helmet you need to print it off before closing the program because you can only save modified files if you pay for the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back