Odst & Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balmung

okay guys i have completed the pepakura on both, i have searched a ton and cant find what to do after you finnish puttin all of the pepakura together, it's driving me nuts, and i want to kno if tape will have any negative effect on the pepakura, i tried glue but it didnt work, also i need to hurry on this because my best friend is moving away and me and him have been tryin to complete this for our last activity together

if you've finshed the pep stage the next thing you want to do is fibre glass and resin the helmets.

resin just the outside and resin and fibreglass the inside.

FalseKnightmare said:
exactly what do you mean by after you put the pepakura togeather? do you mean making it stronger?

i mean by that i got done cutting it out and putting it together

Last edited by a moderator:
Balmung said:

You buy Polyester Resin, and apply it to your finished piece. Once the Resin has cured, lay some fiberglass on the inside of the piece, and soak it with resin. Do small areas when working with Fiberglass, let cure.

alright

1. Go down to walmart and get some resin and fiberglass cloth

2. Follow the resin directions in THIS thread (DO NOT fiberglass the outside of the helmet like he does on page 4 though)

3. After a few coats of resin on the outside you are ready to fiberglass the inside. Now read THIS tutorial. it will tell you about fiberglassing and sanding the outside

4. Now you are ready for bondo. I suggest THIS tutorial. the pictures have disappeared but he does a really good job of describing what you need to do so pictures aren't that neccesary.

I hope I was some help :)

edit:

P.S. I used these exact tutorials to learn the process and they helped me alot

corby said:
alright

1. Go down to walmart and get some resin and fiberglass cloth

2. Follow the resin directions in THIS thread (DO NOT fiberglass the outside of the helmet like he does on page 4 though)

3. After a few coats of resin on the outside you are ready to fiberglass the inside. Now read THIS tutorial. it will tell you about fiberglassing and sanding the outside

4. Now you are ready for bondo. I suggest THIS tutorial. the pictures have disappeared but he does a really good job of describing what you need to do so pictures aren't that neccesary.

I hope I was some help :)

edit:

P.S. I used these exact tutorials to learn the process and they helped me alot

thanks that helps a lot, well i need to find some files for the rest of the odst, i have the chin and cafe part around the leg, and i have the knee pads, all i need now is the arms,crotch,and chest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back