Odst Tarkov Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Long time lerker here on the forums so I thought i would contribute something to the site by posting on what im doing, and yes its another ODST. This is my first topic and wip, i'll also class it as my 1st post aswell as all ive done is introduce myself, so take it easy :p.

Ive built a few things before but this is my first go at a full suit. I plan on building Tarkov from the film short that im sure youve all seen. I plan on using pep and scratch building on the project while hopefully using one of links helmets to complete the suit further down the line.

So ive done all my research through the stickies and peoples projects so im pretty confident on where im going :unsure

Any way i made a decent start i think so i'll show you where im at,

SDC10336.jpg

SDC10339.jpg

Pepped and fiberglassed ready for the bondo stage

SDC10337.jpg

SDC10345.jpg

Same stage as the chest piece

Im currently working on the torso which i should have complete and resined by tomorrow, im trying to get everything resined and glassed before i start any bondo work. I should have some more update pics tomorrow so i'll keep you posted

Looking good. Is this your first time with pep? If it is, I congradulate you on your awesomeness. Even if it isnt your first pep, this is amazing! Good job on the resin to.

Cool man. So far so good. I am working on an ODST suit too. Lol One question I am just curious who's pep file did you uses for the Chest Plate?

cheers guys your making me blush :p

to Kirrou; Ive used Nightshades pep pieces all the way through, although I scaled everything up by 20% from the orginal sizes as they are a bit on the small side

wow really nice job so far you PEP users really amaze me with your skills keep the pics coming!!!!

question ?? did you use brush on fiberglass or the fiber hair sheets????

has anyone ever tried the mesh sheets????

Looking good so far, just so you know thats not Tarkov's chest plate. Also you don't have to make his chest out of scratch because theirs already a pep file of it out. Here you go I went & searched it for you Tarkov chest its on the top of the page.

kokujo17 said:
Looking good so far, just so you know thats not Tarkov's chest plate. Also you don't have to make his chest out of scratch because theirs already a pep file of it out. Here you go I went & searched it for you Tarkov chest its on the top of the page.

Honestly, I don't really like that chest piece, I don't think it's screen-accurate at all. But that's just me being a snob.

odst1.png

Here's a look. Notice how the top and bottom of the side panels are at a different angle to each other. Top half is angled outward, bottom half is angled inward.

Honestly, all the ODST torso files are different, it's impossible to get any of them 100% accurate. Doesn't help that there are so many versions, either. I say what you've done so far is spot on, it's a good chest piece for ANY version of ODST.

Your work looks great, I'm impressed with your pep skills. How much of it do you plan to scratchbuild?

Last edited by a moderator:
To ODST#4793; For the fiberglass I used the UK version which is just fiberglass mat, and I used crackheads method of applying it.

Kokujo; Yeh i was looking at that piece but decided to go with the game version as if i wanted to do a rookie or dutch i could just mold it, i might pep it and use it later to make the suit more accurated so cheers for the link :D

Sorry for the double post but someone posted as i was responding :p

Flyrfye; Thanks for the compliment, im planing on scratch building the gauntlets, the lower section of the shoulders, gloves and all the pouches except the middle equipment pouch.

Bit of an update here, got the torso pepped and with a first coat of resin on done today.

SDC10348.jpg

SDC10346.jpg

I wont have any more done on this untill i get more resin and cloth which should be friday. So untill then i'll be working on the shoulder pieces which hopefully i will have pepped tonight.

The live action ODSTs don't have the torso armor. Nice looking work so far, but I thought I'd let you know that to be completely accurate you don't need that piece.

:eek

I really didnt know that cheers, Is there any decent reference pics from we are odst as im just finding landfall images. Any way i will probably still use it as it's needed for the way i am goining to rig the suit together also if i decide not to make a backpack my back wont look so bare. My Tarkov build is slightly starting to turn into a regular ODST :unsure

ive also just pepped the shoulder pieces so will have pics of them up tomorrow.

welshwarrior123 said:
Bit of an update here, got the torso pepped and with a first coat of resin on done today.

SDC10348.jpg

SDC10346.jpg

I wont have any more done on this untill i get more resin and cloth which should be friday. So untill then i'll be working on the shoulder pieces which hopefully i will have pepped tonight.

Thats bitchin'. I personally prefer this torso, and I think you should keep it regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the live action Reference Thread:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20739

Belakor took a lot of nice screenshots of the trailer and the behind the scenes videos that they released.

Tarkov and the new live action ODSTs have no torso armor, all the armor plates are attached to a rigging vest. The vest is worn over a shirt with a short zipping collar, which is worn over what looks like a custom made neckseal.

That, sir, some awesome lookin' armor, especially for a first time with pep. Especially the torso, which I know may look a bit daunting to someone pretty new with Pepakura. It's actually the second finished (I think) pep of it I've seen, and, while I pesonally think that mks18's unfold would have resulted in a better pep, it's still awesome, and I totally think you should include it in the armor, whether or not it's in the live-action footage. I'm glad you could make your own supports for that piece. Sorry I forgot to add them before releasing the file, but people never remind me to put those in. I would edit it now, but I wouldn't want those people to have to unfold it all over again. Anyway, I'm looking forward to some more pep/resin progress! Just wondering, why didn't you include the detail at the bottom of the torso? I'm just curious, so I don't know whether or not that stuff should have been there in the first place.

Oh, and also about the torso, how do you plan to complete it? I always thought that I would only add one or two layers of resin, with only a few areas with actual fiberglass fabric stuff (lol, I can't remember the word now) so that it is still sort of bendy-ish when I strap it on. That is, unless it is really supposed to be perfectly rigid. Oh, and I bit of bondo on the less-bendy parts (like the neck area). Also, sorry that I forgot to merge that tiny little vertice in the very center bottom of the edge of the neck area. That's how the little open edge got there. Oh well, easy fix. Also, for a piece with a few flat areas, I would suggest using blue painter' tape (easily removable) to tape craft sticks, etc, to the back of the flat parts, resin the outside once, and then remove them. It just makes for flatter surfaces and less of a need for bondo later.

Okay, wow, that post was longer than expected. Oh well. Love the progress, dude, can't wait to see more!

If there's anything you need, just PM me.

Shade

Cheers Ruze for the link, Ive just downloaded your knee peps so they will be in the works soon so thanks for them aswell :D

i plan on using a boiler suit with some modifications for the clothing but im stuck on whether to get a black or dark grey suit. And for the neck seal im either going to scratch build it or i have been looking at those stormtrooper ones you can get which look similar to the landfall odst neck seals.

Knightshade the torso pep is amazing, even though it got slightly warped around the neck because of the resin. As for the detail at the bottom i decided to leave it out as im going to be layering pieces of ruber matting on top of each other to create the section. For finishing it im goin to be fiberglassing the entire piece, then cutting it up in sections and joining then with the rubber matting i have which should still give the torso mobility but remain in shape :)

Where the cuts will be made

odstcut.jpg

I should hopefully be getting resing today so i might have pics of the fiberglassed torso today if not definatly of the shoulder peps

Got some more work done on the torso section today, ive fiberglassed all of the lower section although due to the lovely British weather some of the resin didnt cure proply so i'll have to redo certain areas

SDC10356.jpg

SDC10355.jpg

Also been working on the chest plate, really happy with it so far and due to this new bondo i got, which sands so easy, i think i may be ready for paint tomorrow. Still got the main section to do and to go over it with spot putty and then wet sand it.

SDC10350.jpg

Should have more tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back