Odst Themed Christmas Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidfire3

Hey guys, I'm still alive and kicking! :D

I apologize for not being around the site much these last couple months, the holidays were just too busy for me.

Anyways, I meant to post these a few days ago, but never got around to it, and I figured I better get to it since it's already made it to HaloTech.org and Hawty Mcbloggy, lol.

4218155758_2153d8ec13_b.jpg

For your nerd pleasure, a Halo themed Christmas tree, from the recently released Halo 3: ODST video game from Bungie. I decided on ODST this year for three reasons: 1. I love to make themed Christmas trees, growing up I always had to decorate our main Christmas tree different each year; 2. Two years ago, I moved in with my boyfriend, and he turned me into a huge Halo nerd. In return, it was only fitting that I made a Halo tree for Christmas, so I decided on a Forerunner theme, mainly the colors; I got some white LED lights, purple and teal Christmas balls, silver garland, and put our Cortana figure on the top as the angel! 3. What's not to love about Christmas balls decorated with the Superintendent's various moods/facial expressions?

4218155008_d1d1dbaa84_b.jpg

4217387995_b042b6a5c1_b.jpg

This year I knew I had to make an ODST tree. It was our first Halo game that we anticipated together, preordered together, and played till dawn together the night we brough it home. So naturally I had to change up the theme. I went to Walmart and found the perfect black Christmas balls (for all you purists out there telling me they should be green, I have a reason I did black; green would've made them disappear into the green tree, and the black is better for the overall ODST theme), I also purchased red and blue LED lights, to mimic the color scheme for New Mombasa streets at night, and because LED lights are just awesome! I drew the faces on each ball with a silver Sharpie and an insane amount of precise measuring, along with painter's tape. Next, I put the lights on the tree, and hung the ornaments according to facial expressions, the happiest being on top, and the sleeping one on the very bottom. The finishing touch was the tree skirt made from black and grey camo fabric. I would've liked to get a Rookie figure to put on the top, but I think I'll wait for the Veronica Dare figurine coming out next year. ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS members of the 405th!!!

{Cortana said:
Hey guys, I'm still alive and kicking! :D

I apologize for not being around the site much these last couple months, the holidays were just too busy for me.

Anyways, I meant to post these a few days ago, but never got around to it, and I figured I better get to it since it's already made it to HaloTech.org and Hawty Mcbloggy, lol.

4218155758_2153d8ec13_b.jpg

For your nerd pleasure, a Halo themed Christmas tree, from the recently released Halo 3: ODST video game from Bungie. I decided on ODST this year for three reasons: 1. I love to make themed Christmas trees, growing up I always had to decorate our main Christmas tree different each year; 2. Two years ago, I moved in with my boyfriend, and he turned me into a huge Halo nerd. In return, it was only fitting that I made a Halo tree for Christmas, so I decided on a Forerunner theme, mainly the colors; I got some white LED lights, purple and teal Christmas balls, silver garland, and put our Cortana figure on the top as the angel! 3. What's not to love about Christmas balls decorated with the Superintendent's various moods/facial expressions?

4218155008_d1d1dbaa84_b.jpg

4217387995_b042b6a5c1_b.jpg

This year I knew I had to make an ODST tree. It was our first Halo game that we anticipated together, preordered together, and played till dawn together the night we brough it home. So naturally I had to change up the theme. I went to Walmart and found the perfect black Christmas balls (for all you purists out there telling me they should be green, I have a reason I did black; green would've made them disappear into the green tree, and the black is better for the overall ODST theme), I also purchased red and blue LED lights, to mimic the color scheme for New Mombasa streets at night, and because LED lights are just awesome! I drew the faces on each ball with a silver Sharpie and an insane amount of precise measuring, along with painter's tape. Next, I put the lights on the tree, and hung the ornaments according to facial expressions, the happiest being on top, and the sleeping one on the very bottom. The finishing touch was the tree skirt made from black and grey camo fabric. I would've liked to get a Rookie figure to put on the top, but I think I'll wait for the Veronica Dare figurine coming out next year. ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS members of the 405th!!!

That is the best tree I've ever seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
bobbio555 said:
That is the best tree I've ever seen.

Did you really have to quote the whole post with pictures? >_>

Anyways, that's a great looking tree. And since when is there a Dare figure coming out? :eek

So...*crying face*...awesome!

I'm so happy to be an ODST right now!

Great work Cortana! Can't wait what you do next year(Covenant themed tree with a prophet on top!)!

-Pony

rachciav said:
that tree is so awesome! i wish i was allowed to give my tree a halo theme

Hehe, just do what I did, buy a small tree for your room and go to town with decorating it in your style! :)

ACDCrockr209 said:
So...*crying face*...awesome!

I'm so happy to be an ODST right now!

Great work Cortana! Can't wait what you do next year(Covenant themed tree with a prophet on top!)!

-Pony

Aww, I'm glad you like it that much! *:)*

Hehe, I love the way this one turned out so much I might just use it again next year, but there is a possibility it might be Reach themed... ;) Or maybe even a Halo 3 map theme. :D

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Did you really have to quote the whole post with pictures? >_>

Anyways, that's a great looking tree. And since when is there a Dare figure coming out? :eek

It's so amazing I wanted everyone to look at it twice.

Awwww...

You should've used a white or black tree (with green/ red lights?).

Oh well, still a badass tree.

Leda said:
It should be illegal to have a tree this awesome. :lol

:lol Thanks!

jxkiller5 said:
seems like a simple, but cool project. Next year, I'd put a helmet on top!!!

I would've made it a bit more detailed, but I figured that a tree that small didn't need much, and there wasn't much ODST stuff to work with. ;) If I could track down one, I will! :D

xalener said:
Awwww...

You should've used a white or black tree (with green/ red lights?).

Oh well, still a badass tree.

I did have the idea of spray painting the tree dark gunmetal gray, but then I wouldn't be able to change it up next year. And I wanted red and blue lights because of the prominent color scheme in New Mombasa at night. ;)

Glad you like it, though. :)

But Gunmetal Grey is just so...... apocalypse! New Mombasa isn't the end of the world, its just going through a difficult period in its history known as alien incursion.

Chupathingy said:
But Gunmetal Grey is just so...... apocalypse! New Mombasa isn't the end of the world, its just going through a difficult period in its history known as alien incursion.

I was thinking gun metal gray to reflect the colors of the weapons and the buildings...

{Cortana said:
I was thinking gun metal gray to reflect the colors of the weapons and the buildings...

I understand and agree, I think a gunmetal grey tree would be pretty awesome! Honestly, that last comment came from the "wise-ass" side of me.

Chupathingy said:
I understand and agree, I think a gunmetal grey tree would be pretty awesome! Honestly, that last comment came from the "wise-ass" side of me.

Hehe, it's all good. My boyfriend is the biggest wise-ass I know, so I'm used to it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back