Foam ODST: Version 1 was okay. Now for Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went and made a small change on my chest armour. I had two tabs with magnetson either side to hold it together. Turns out, I didn't like the it looked.
Looked a few references and some versions of the ODST chest has side plates. Sooooo... I made those up quickly and did some surgery and put them on.
20180714_181102.jpg This is obviously what it looked originally.
20180714_184742.jpg 20180715_141631.jpg 20180715_203553.jpg
Here's what it looks like now. Just have to repaint that area and it's done.... Again.

I’m new to 405th... Just curious how exactly to get the shape of your visor? I’ve searched everywhere for tutorials, but I can and never find one that satisfies that authentic look like yours does. Thanks!

I’m new to 405th... Just curious how exactly to get the shape of your visor? I’ve searched everywhere for tutorials, but I can and never find one that satisfies that authentic look like yours does. Thanks!
Below is the template I used.
20180525_173414.jpg
I then used a flexible thin plastic that I bought off of Etsy.
Flexible Metallic Visor material
I folded the plastic to get the bends on the upper part and used clear packing tape on the inside to connect the whole thing.

Below is the template I used.
View attachment 257333
I then used a flexible thin plastic that I bought off of Etsy.
Flexible Metallic Visor material
I folded the plastic to get the bends on the upper part and used clear packing tape on the inside to connect the whole thing.
You going to stick with this visor or is
TurboCharizard still working on a vac formed one for you? Think I remember reading something along those lines. Either way, I think it came out great for piecing pieces together as you did. And it’s hard to get that metallic effect on some petg plastic anyway. Got some proper BDU’s for a full on suit up yet?

You going to stick with this visor or is
TurboCharizard still working on a vac formed one for you? Think I remember reading something along those lines. Either way, I think it came out great for piecing pieces together as you did. And it’s hard to get that metallic effect on some petg plastic anyway. Got some proper BDU’s for a full on suit up yet?
The blue visor made is in there temporarily. The plan is to use the one that TurboCharizard has graciously volunteered to make. If it's done in time for FanExpo then it's going in.
As for BDUs, I am going shopping for some tomorrow at a local army surplus store.

Con at the end of the month and I'm still fiddling with my armour.
Thanks to Elcorio for pointing these shoulder mounts out.
It will help out tonnes for my armour. My shoulders have a simple cuff around the bicep and they constantly slide down.
With theses mounts I can add snaps and then have the snaps on the shirt that I am wearing as well.
20180804_134358.jpg 20180804_134441.jpg
Will be using 6mm foam for these.
On a side note I am considering building a new silenced magnum. The one I built over a year ago was one of the first props I have made. After building a SMG and an AR, the MAG is looking a little... Underwhelming. Plus I stepped on it and the Modpodge that was used to seal it cracked (naturally).

Glad to be able to help. Those mounts will certainly add another depth dimension to your shoulders. I'm on attempt #3 of the shins as they are putting me through nine kinds of trouble. Started looking at pics of yours to see how you put the pieces together. So, with that, I return the Thanks!

Shoulder mounts are assembled. Snaps have also been added to the mounts and shirt that will serve as part of my undersuit.
20180806_004854.jpg
I then attached the shoulders and did a partial suit up to see how well I can move around with the new additions. Good thing is no more shoulder armour sliding down.
With the shoulders in a higher position I can't put my arms completely up now. I wasn't expecting full range of motion to begin with so I am okay with that.
20180806_011736.jpg 20180806_011624.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back