Odst Weta Landfall Ver. Pep Armor By Skg & Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullcandy Girl

team_odst_credits.jpg

First off I wanted to thank, NZ-TK, Ruze789, 1ManBattallion, Belakor and Ral Partha for helping me in this project! It could never have been done without them!!!

ODST Pep friendly Helmet: Original Model by NZ-TK: Updated pep file by RUZE 789

NEWERODST.jpg

ODST Helmet - Letter

ODST Helmet - A4

Much easier... the ridges and grooves have been taken out, so they can be easily filed into bondo afterwards. Overall shapes were made a little more pep-friendly, and there's now a visor to hold it in shape.

This file is scaled to 29 cm tall. That is really close to the WETA size helmet, gleaned through careful mathematical equations and such. There is no scaling formula for this yet; that's close to the real size of the helmet and that's all I know.

If you want to see it built, check out my WIP thread: New H3 ODST by Ruze

odst_final01_labelled.jpg

odst_full_armor02_labelled.jpg

ODST WETA Landfall Version: Body Armor by SKG:

So here's what you've all been salivating and waiting for, the ODST! Now to get down to the nitty gritty.

A note on Scaling by Ruze 789:

All of the smaller packs and such are based around the main torso piece. Meaning, the size of them will vary depending on the size you make your torso.

**Which means that you must make the proper size torso for yourself first.** Don't try to skip ahead.

Once you build your torso and are happy with the scale, that is when you'll resize all the packs.

So open the torso file, open the Scale Up/ Down Development by Specifying Value box. This will give you the Assembled Size (Height) in cm. It will also give you the scale number below that. Belakor's default one will show up as 23.785851.

Just copy and paste that number into that same Scale box in all the other small packs, and you'll end up with the torso armor that has the proportion it was designed at.

Scaling Equation ala' Magnum23:

I'm not sure if anyone covered the math for this yet or not, but here it is if not. It's basically what you find in most of the scaling threads, but I laided it out here for anyone that's confused. The following is for Belakor's files only as far as I know.

Belakor's Height = 5'11" = 71" = 100% Scale

Personal Height(Mine for example) = 6'0" = 72"

Proportions of my height to his... 72/71 = x/100 (x is percent you'll need to adjust the current scale)

(72/71)*100 = x = 101% or 1.01 (I rounded)

This percent is to be multiplied by the number you find in the "Scale Up/Down Development by Specifying Value" box Ruze was talking about.

23.785851*1.01(use the decimal percentage value) = 24.02370951

24.02370951 is your scale value and should be used as Ruze described.

Hope it helps:D

Unfolded files by:

Gotta reupload Belakors A4 goods when I get a chance, sorry guys n gals

Letter - Body Armor & Accessory Packs

Belakor ODST Armor Letter - Zip Format

Belakor ODST Armor A4 - Zip Format

Ral Partha:

Packs[/url]

Ral Partha ODST Body Armor -Zip Format

Ral Partha Accessory packs - Zip Format

ODST WETA Leg Armor by:

Modeled by: Ruze789

Unfolded by: Ral Partha

OK, Legs are done!!!

Big thanks to Ral Partha for another fine unfolding job!

This is one of my first models, so go easy on me... I know there's a few spots that aren't quite right, but the back of the Weta leg is very hard to get right. It should be close enough for most.

It has not been built yet, so if there's any problems at all let me know so it can get fixed.

Big thanks to Ral Partha for another fine unfolding job!

This is one of my first models, so go easy on me... I know there's a few spots that aren't quite right, but the back of the Weta leg is very hard to get right. It should be close enough for most.

It has not been built yet, so if there's any problems at all let me know so it can get fixed.

ODSTPepLeg.jpg

Weta ODST Knee PDO

Weta ODST Leg with Support

The 2-piece shin and toe guard are one file, the knee is separate. The shin has support struts in the model should you want to use them.

These are scaled at the same size as the last set, 5'-11". You'll have to measure yourself to get a build height for the leg, just use the reference gallery to see how high the shin piece is supposed to go. The knee piece has been scaled to be as wide as the leg piece, so whatever width you end u

Last edited by a moderator:
PPost count got me above, so I addin' em here, sorry Luke)-SKG

Here's some hole/ straps/ buckles diagrams, hopefully they make sense:

HolesComp.jpg

BucklesComp.jpg

And here's one of the best pictures I have of the straps from the side:

_DSC01590.jpg

By Ruze789

Update:

Smooth Torso by 1ManBattalion! Muchas grassy-ass for helping improve zee build :)

Are other Shock Troopers saying your "Squared?" or that "Your Rough Around the Edges?" or that Your that "Your Curves are Wrong"

Never Again with 1ManBattalion's SKG arroved Smoothed ODST Torso!

th_ODSTSmooth02.jpg

Get Yours Today!

Get Yours Today!

lookin funky. not too familure with the ODST but as far as i can tell its guuud. so come on, hit me with the technical jargon, what version of max, editable mesh or poly, instanced geomitry or Symmetry.

oh and did you want a scene set up with fake GI for scanline?

Way to steal my project skullcandy :cautious: :lol: Just kidding, it looks like you're off to a great start :) Give me a yell if there are any bits you want me to do, we can both knock out the model together if you like? Many hands make light work and all, pm me if you're keen.

@ Luke: Ah well I was sick yesterday, so I was able to bang these out. It only took me about 6 hours to do these pieces. The real trick is making time between 2 full time jobs and the armor hahahaha... I dunno how the hell I do it XD

@Xavier: Ah neat pic. I'm still debating on whether or not to add some of the soft pads to my pepakura file since I can't sew yet and I'd imagine other people are in the same boat. thanks for the heads up :D

@300: Heheh yeah I like the idea too :D

@ Dark Rogue: Practice repeat Practice, that's all it really takes, you never forget this stuff once you learn it :)

@Chronos: I'm glad your stoked :) I hope these turn out as well as I hope they can :)

@Spartan299: hahahah nah it's fine and funny :D I'll do my best!

@FS: Yeah, there are a few details I missed or can't do, hahaha my mind is still stuck in the land of animation, all quads etc etc XD I used Max 9, editable poly, and I instanced the geometry. I'll weld it all together once I'm done :D I used a skylight with the default settings to fake the G.I. Took about 4 minutes to render, my poor machine was cranking away.

@NZ: D'oh's I hope I didn't step on your toes at all, I just read your rogue thread this morning and saw how ya said ya wanted to start XD. I think a collaboration would be great :) I'll drop ya a PM to see what ya want to divide up between us and discuss what we should do :D

@Mags: hahaha run Mags, RUN!

So the feedback so far looks like this is a good move for a lot of people :) And I don't mean to be harsh sounding when it comes to when the files will be available. I just don't want to get anyone's hopes up and say it'll be ready "on this date" since I can never tell when I'm going to get free time. I'm excited myself!

Excellent work. It could use some tweaking, but it's an awesome start. Great job. ;)

Here's an idea:
Post the model, with the accompanying agreement that if it's improved upon, the improvements must be posted here.

Many hands make light work.

Keep up the good work (y) Just don't over work your self. Hate for you to become a zombie
Don't worry about how long it takes, good things come to all who wait :D

Vrogy said:
Excellent work. It could use some tweaking, but it's an awesome start. Great job. ;)

Here's an idea:
Post the model, with the accompanying agreement that if it's improved upon, the improvements must be posted here.

Many hands make light work.

@ Vrogy: Thanks :D And, well, unfortunantely I'm not going to be posting my models publicly :( Not everyone has access to the software I use and collaborations are already in the works :)

@ Hagster: Thanks for understanding and the kinds words :)

...Oh I am sure there is some ODST stuff in the works in LegendaryArmorLand :whistle:

...if I recall I think there was a helmet that was being CNC'd as I type this :whistle:

...but it is all speculation :whistle:

...but you didnt hear it from me...you know 'those' LegendaryArmor guys :p

I want to see completion on your other stuff before you get me all excited about new stuff.

When are you guys recouping costs on those things BTW? :unsure:

slavefive said:
...Oh I am sure there is some ODST stuff in the works in LegendaryArmorLand :whistle:

...if I recall I think there was a helmet that was being CNC'd as I type this :whistle:

...but it is all speculation :whistle:

...but you didnt hear it from me...you know 'those' LegendaryArmor guys :p

Legendary armor SMELLS!!! j/k Heheheh you doods make such hot stuff, haha though I know I could never afford it :( Specualtion, BAH! I bet you doods already started, AMIRITE?? :D

I'm oh so crazy excited to see what you guys make, your stuff = O-face. I keep forgetting, what does CNC mean?? I know it has to do with a machine...

Adam said:
I want to see completion on your other stuff before you get me all excited about new stuff.

...the helmet is being molded as we speak...since Bishop and I were basically down for the count the last 7 days things have been on hold...sucks being half-human sometimes :lol:

...the AR is being prepared for the molding process as well...there are so many areas that need to be clayed prior to molding that it is fairly tedious...that is the drawback to having a ton of detail like we did...still it will make for a much better looking AR...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back