Odst With Halo 3 Map Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tandhem

i do not have all of the maps for halo 3 and my friend does. this same friend is getting odst and i am not. my question is, how can i get the halo 3 map packs from his odst game onto my account? will they be on a seperate disc?

u r positive they will be on a seperate disc?

im quite sure it is a seperate disc, but once uploaded onto one xbox/account, can it be used on another?

The second disc of ODST contains all the Halo 3 maps. There's no uploading, downloading, or account linking. You put the disc in, you play. However, you cannot play those maps without the disc if you don't have them via DLC. Get it?

i doubt that you two can share the maps, if he wants teh 3 new maps from the disk he has to use them all, but if he doesnt want them maybe you can buy the disc from him?

Flyerfye said:
The second disc of ODST contains all the Halo 3 maps. There's no uploading, downloading, or account linking. You put the disc in, you play. However, you cannot play those maps without the disc if you don't have them via DLC. Get it?

so it also contains the game halo 3 on this disc? how can u play halo 3 with the halo disc and use the map packs with the odst disc?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mythic disk a is seperate disk which is the Halo 3 Multiplayer you must have the disk to play the maps.

ah i c i c. fair enough then. and u can you use just the mythic disk to play halo 3 o_O how does it know you even own the game?

Alright, time to say something Bungie announced from the get go. When you buy Halo 3:ODST, you are getting two discs. Disc One has all of ODST's features, meaning this is what you put in to play the campaign and Firefight mode. Disc Two is the complete collection of the Halo 3 Multi-player. This disc will contain all of the maps, both DLC and normal along with the three new map packs. You will be able to delete the ones you have on your HD to free up space if you wish, as the Multi-player will only run off of this disc. However, this does not mean you can download those maps to your HD. Bungie has made it clear that you cannot, but it is there for those who need the extra space. Still if you want to play Halo 3 campaign, you'll need your original disc. I am not sure how the other modes are affected by this, and will not know until I get my hands on it. There you go, I hope you have you questions and worries answered. [/end transmission]

- Adulese

I can confirm Adulese's explanation above. Disc 1 is ODST Campaign and Firefight. Disc 2 is a stand-alone playable multiplayer Halo 3 disc with all the maps on it. No DL'ing is necessary, but you'll need a hard drive anyway.

Another thing to note that hasn't been discussed is that you will need a hard drive on your console in order to play multiplayer, period. If you don't have a hard drive on every console in a system link... you're playing Firefight alone.

You are quite welcome. I figured it was about time I settled the debate with the hours of time I have put into researching ODST this past year.

- Adulese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back