Ok Do I have enough to begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattack64

I just got some Card Stock Paper... In 4 colors... :)...
And I got some double stick tape is that good enough to begin?

Xavier said:
well.. did u get construction paper or cardstock? how much did you get?
It's Card Stock like I said and theres 100 in this thing... I'll have to get more...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna use an xacto knife but I can't find it... so I am going to cut it with scissors and then I'll buy one tomorrow and score the lines...

Lots of cutting with regular scissors= more effort + aching hands

Not that it matters terribly, I just use regular scissors and take my time.

Ow!!! My thumb freaking hurts so bad... It's numb and stuff... -.-... I can't feel things very well... and there's a ring around my thumb too... =\

As you can see there is a ring around my thumb right there in that red zone... It still hurts...

I noticed now that it focused on my couch... -.-...

Sigma-LS said:
Lots of cutting with regular scissors= more effort + aching hands

Not that it matters terribly, I just use regular scissors and take my time.

Yea thats what I was doing but these are all metal and yea... you get the idea...

Last edited by a moderator:
So wait? I saw people talking about sanding? How do you sand if the outside is so thin after you do resin... and glassing the inside?

Only if where you glassed is very rough of pokes out. Then sand it with med-to-fine grit sandpaper (I dont know which one)...

Maybe a little late on this but i use an X-Acto B size to cut through the posterboard. I use a metal ruler to guide my cuts, and i press pretty hard. I went and bought a glass cutting board to make my cuts on so my wife does'nt see tons of little X-Acto cuts in the desktops. Also a plus is that X-acto makes a scoring blade you can attach and use to score the folds to make them very accurate and pristine. The X-acto take a little longer, but prevents bends and tears that scissors can leave on the really small angles and cuts. Best of luck to you, and to ease your fiberglass and sanding questions there a ton of great tips in the sticky for this forum!

For glassing i use a 2 coat resin, 1 coat fiberglass cloth and, then another resin coat. It might be a bit much, but you can sand in between coats. I always prefer safer than sorry. I've also talked to Chris Bryan a lot on his glassing methods and he uses the same method I do. I dont cloth the insides though, and Chris uses the fiberglass mesh for the insides, that stuff is tough to use as its like spreading spaghetti.

Also I use some bondo over all the outside parts to work in detail. Bondo can get heavy though....

Oh? My finger still hurts... I didn't do any folds because I'm planning on getting an Xacto Knife today so I can score the folds with a ruler... Yea... My thumb is still numb feeling... I don't know why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back