Ok Ok Ok I Tried To Wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadMullet

so i have been working on this for a little bit, and didnt want to do the standard thing of "this is my odst helmet" and its just in paper stage... so after alot of bondo and tears i bring this
odst005.jpg

and
odst008.jpg

and then
odst002.jpg

and again
odst001.jpg

and then the detail close up
odst011.jpg

whats this
odst012.jpg

and damn this part
odst013.jpg

the neck seal got warped as balls so i had to cut the whole thing off, and im going to get some rubber stripping and put it around the edge. then im going to pad the hell out of the inside and cover with cloth.

so im still sanding like crazy, and sanding more... i had the crazy idea of covering the thing with another coat of resin and thats why its all scratchy.

so after waiting this long why didnt i wait till i finished well, i need help.
the question is, the detail on the ear is giving me problem so should i fill with bondo and redo the detail?

I like it!

Somewhere there's a thread that includes some info about how to press plastic inserts into uncured bondo to form recessed details. I wish I could find it, you'd probably find it really useful right now.

The shape looks pretty good. It looks like you were a bit too aggressive with your sanding. A thin coat of bondo might help to fill those scratches. A finer grit of sandpaper will help alleviate the gouging you see. Good luck. A nice start, btw.

shade: its not the final paint job
loess: if you find it post it, i would like to check it out.
unsc: those deep scratch gouges you speak of dont exist... i threw a coat of resin on it for fun. and where it looks like there is a scratch its actually really smooth...and i did state im still sanding.

so no one has input on the ear detail? fill start over? doing much more sanding on it isnt in option because of how i did the detail... so i guess filling is the only option?

very nice dreadmullet but like leatherneck said you got a little trigger happy with the sand paper :D

well dreadmullet your helmet is looking very good. very very good! and as far as the ear thing I would say that if you dont like it then fill and re-scribe. It would probably be much less of a hedache if you re-do it than if you tried to salvage.By the way the detail on the ear doesnt really look all that bad, maybe a little deep but really not to bad. So....if you really dont want to completely re-fill it then perhaps maybe just a little resin to make the gap seem less deep?

Zonkre

edit: btw its really coool to finally see your helm

rvb4life said:
nice language, and the helmet isnt as bad as you think.
yea sorry about that, i try and tone it down... but im use to other boards online where the F word is like saying and...

thanks for the kind replies there everyone... as far as extreme sanding, im telling you guys the top and back is very smooth... and the ruff stuff on the sides still needs to be sanded, but thats just brush strokes from the random layer of resin i put on it.

zonkre, i was thinking of filling it into with bondo the whole time... i just felt the need to get someone to tell me to do it before i did... so thank you.

im pretty sure this odst is harder to round than any other model out there (except maybe the h1 marine). i had to put more bondo on this than the low-detail Mark 6... angers me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boryenko said:
Very nice paint job!

i must of not stated this yet, its not the paint job... oh wait i did.

but thank you.

and i apologize in advance if i seem bitchy... long stressful day.

DreadMullet said:
i must of not stated this yet, its not the paint job... oh wait i did.

but thank you.

and i apologize in advance if i seem bitchy... long stressful day.
Hehehe, when I check you progress threads, I just check the pictures and not really bother with the text. my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back