Oldschool Runescape Saradomin Godsword Build Resizing Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeededDragon1

Hello, this is my third Pepakura build, but this time I am using a model someone gave me for 3D Printing and laying it out in Pepakura Designer. The sword I am building is quite large, I made it to human scale, which is approximately 5 feet, 9 inches tall. I am okay with this because since the model is from Oldschool Runescape, it doesn't have that much detail. The problem I am facing is some of the faces are too large to fit on one piece of paper. Ideally, I want to separate the face into two pieces, but I don't think I can do that without modifying the original file or scaling down. The solution I would attempt to use is to make a splint out of cardstock to put the two pieces together once printed. I am kind of worried the margins will delete some of the lines though.

I have provided images and the file if someone would like to look into this.

sgshelp1.PNG

sgshelp2.PNG

https://www.mediafire.com/?b7mi40it7grifi7

Dont worry about it man, The old Halo 2 sniper rifle had the same issue, and i did what you thought about, and it turned out alright

In Pepakura Designer there's an option for splitting the 2-D parts. Right click on the side of the screen with the parts and you should get a list. In there will be "Join/Disjoin Face." Any of your parts that hang over the pages, snip with that tool. Ctrl+N will also select the tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back