Props Omgg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodl3tt3r

WTF!!!!!! I want!

If somebody can fit this into an AR, I will love you forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry. The use of lethal force is not authorized. You are not cleared to engage. While it looks like a cool idea, incorporating it into a prop weapon would not be advisable. That would be like using a real gun to put bullet holes in your armor. Not a good idea. Somewhere, sometime, someone would get hurt or killed and then there would be a $hitstorm coming down on costuming sites that build weapons. Nice find btw. Just not a good costuming idea IMO.

tlither said:
I'm sorry. The use of lethal force is not authorized. You are not cleared to engage. While it looks like a cool idea, incorporating it into a prop weapon would not be advisable. That would be like using a real gun to put bullet holes in your armor. Not a good idea. Somewhere, sometime, someone would get hurt or killed and then there would be a $hitstorm coming down on costuming sites that build weapons. Nice find btw. Just not a good costuming idea IMO.

yeah, I figured as much. Still, I thought it was cool. Lol, mods, delete?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a pneumatic source of pressure that made that little pipe shoot? , or was it like a gauss (magnetic thruster) thingy?

It's a coil gun. Same as the ones used in the Halo ships, only they're called MACs. I have been working on one of these, hut I can't get enough power out of the capacitors, and I don't think my coil is large enough.

i love when ppl just find out about coilguns. its great. no pneumaticts are used for it its pure electricity.

the Gauss gun usess the same principal to. like said DO NOT put this into a ar or other prop weapon.

you can though make them from disposable camera capacitors, search instructables for Coilgun

WARNINGS-
HIGH AMOUNTS OF ELECTRICITY!!!! DO NOT!! under any circumstances do unless you are experianced with electricity... there VERY high amounts of currents running through them, and there is enough to do some very seriouse damage

if you get yours working Helios id like to see it ^^. ive been wanting to build one but its the times of whats goin on for me right now.

This is pretty cool ,. but im not completely interested in this until we can make one of the good ol' MAC guns that can anihalate a planet :)

While I would say discussion of the Science behind this is alright to talk about, I don't think allowing people to talk about how to actually apply this in real life is a good idea. Not here anyway.

Sorry people.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back