Foam COMPLETED ONI Operative/ODST Armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is V1 of my chest plate, too thin for my taste and some how the left side is too wide and the right side is too tall, maybe I will ask Dirtdives2424 how this happened, he has loads of experience at doing that, anyway I just took a quick snapshot, I like my "scoring" job on it at least.
View attachment 301894View attachment 301895
I will be using a different file for v2.
it looks like the pieces are the same size but you may have just cut the angels different. That may account for the appearance that they are different sizes.....heat it a bit w/ the hot air gun and try to coax it in to position.....other wise, its looking great!!!

Made two, i guess they are called "side plates" literally was just 8 pieces of foam each to make, next I will make the belt plate piece next.
20210128_144313.jpg20210128_144316.jpg
Too easy.

did you freehand the dare centerpiece or did you find the templates for them. either way, it looks really good. I haven't seen very many builds like this, but it looks excellent so far :)

did you freehand the dare centerpiece or did you find the templates for them. either way, it looks really good. I haven't seen very many builds like this, but it looks excellent so far :)
A little of column A and a little of column B, I free handed the details on it and I unfolded game assets of Dare's centerpiece into a pepakura file! Also thank you!

The cumberbunds look good. Are you still going to put the strap on it as insee you put foam in those spots
Nah, I decided foam looks better for that part, what I will probably do is score some vertical lines on it, or just leave it plain, also those are cummerbund? I'll have to look that up, never heard of it

Did I mentioned that I have it all glued together so far, deciding on what to make next, my heart says ultra fanny pack, but my brain says Dare's rucksack or the shoulder straps. I'll post some pics in a sec.

Nah, I decided foam looks better for that part, what I will probably do is score some vertical lines on it, or just leave it plain, also those are cummerbund? I'll have to look that up, never heard of it
Traditionally the term is used for dress cloths(the sash around the stomach for super fancy suits), but when your talking about flak jackets and such its the side straps you use to secure the back to the front. Or at least in the marine corps thats what it was called so ive taken to calling it that lol.

Traditionally the term is used for dress cloths(the sash around the stomach for super fancy suits), but when your talking about flak jackets and such its the side straps you use to secure the back to the front. Or at least in the marine corps thats what it was called so ive taken to calling it that lol.
You know, they look just like the plate carriers, except Halo-ish, thanks man!

Thank you, thank you, I agree with you, I'll do a suit up one of these days, do you got a build going on?
Only my ODST(That I'm restarting soon) and Master chief from Infinite. But I'm basically out of materials now. after I buy some more I plan on finishing them.

Been making the fanny pack, it's coming along pretty well, just havent gotten around to posting it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back