Foam COMPLETED ONI Operative/ODST Armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the progress. Im lazy though and want to ask, what did you do for an under suit?

In the pics are 5.11 Duty pants, and 5.11 moisture wicking compression shirt
How well is that working for you? I’m thinking going a similar route. But I also live in Las Vegas where it’s hot most of the year. And I’d like to avoid a 4th case of heat death.

How well is that working for you? I’m thinking going a similar route. But I also live in Las Vegas where it’s hot most of the year. And I’d like to avoid a 4th case of heat death.
The shirt worked great, when a breeze blows its goes straight the shirt, the reason I chose the pants was because it was slimmer below the knee which made it easier for the shins to go on, but not much else, I swapped to another pair pants from Walmart, wrangler something and the wind goes straight through em, they kinda have a cotton/nylon texture instead of canvas texture of the 5.11

The shirt worked great, when a breeze blows its goes straight the shirt, the reason I chose the pants was because it was slimmer below the knee which made it easier for the shins to go on, but not much else, I swapped to another pair pants from Walmart, wrangler something and the wind goes straight through em, they kinda have a cotton/nylon texture instead of canvas texture of the 5.11

Sweet! I'm getting close to the point where I need to start my under suit, so I'll see if I can find something similar.

Love the progress on your so far!

My decal came in!
20210810_134219.jpg

Got the rubber ODST glove on some gloves.
20210811_140720.jpg20210811_140631.jpg20210811_140624.jpg
Got the boots and shins heated up and plasti-dipped, waiting on to dry then primer, then followed by a base coat of flat black and then Vaseline and flat iron as the main color!

Those gloves look awesome! What gloves did you use under the rubber pieces?

I got the crotch plate painted fully and wiped off the Vaseline, also got the straps and d-rings.
20210812_031609.jpg
The boots and shins got the final coat on it too, juatvwaiting 24 hours to wipe off the Vaseline, and got the thighs plastidip'd and primer will be tomorrow and base coat, then tackling the camo pattern.

So anyway, waiting for all this rain to go away so I can get started on the paint job for the shoulders, while we are on that general area, I'm going to ditch the gauntlets and just go with rolled sleeves with an elbow pad with the gauntlets elbow piece attached to the elbow pads, something like this.
20210816_151923.jpg20210816_151932.jpg
Anyway, so thats the plan for now

Last edited:
I've been lazy about posting but got the shoulder and elbow pads painted, my build is now pretty much 100% done, I'll upload some suit ups later on but for now the paint job will do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back