Opinions for a Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanZ913

Hello everyone!

Brand new to the forums and I figured I'd ask for your opinions on something.

I'm wanting to create some pepakura MJOLNIR for myself, and I've never done it before. And of course, I have to be a difficult person and find armor that I really like that, at least to my knowledge (and based on the site) has never been done before. So, to do it, I'll have to process the files myself, which seems like a pretty daunting task.

So my question is this: Would you recommend that I simply pick out some armor that has already been done, and has the .PDO files already created, or should I attempt to learn how to actually process the files so I can have the armor I actually want?

Thanks in advance, I hope to be posting a lot more in the future!

-SpartanZ913

Welcome to the 405th! You should make something you'll be happy with and want to finish.

That being said, I think it would be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the process of assembling an already made pep at least once before you set out to unfold one.

Doesn't mean you have to do a different armor either. A lot of armors share common pieces. Or there are other props from halo and other games out there. I chose to do a Pipboy from Fallout as my first project because it was small, intricate and once I finished I had something I could display.

What armor are you wanting to attempt but can't find the files?

Welcome to the 405th
what duke said is bang on the money about doing a small pep
may I suggest that you try low poly pep files first just to get the hang of it

What armor are you wanting to attempt but can't find the files?

The Viper helmet and Cinder armor. I found the raw assets, so I have those, but wasn't sure on the whole process. Got a friend who is experienced in doing it all, so he said he'd do the unfold for me like right before I hopped on this morning.

The Viper helmet and Cinder armor. I found the raw assets, so I have those, but wasn't sure on the whole process. Got a friend who is experienced in doing it all, so he said he'd do the unfold for me like right before I hopped on this morning.
Ah, cool. That is nice of your friend to do. You should see if he would upload them to the 405th file archive when he is done.

I don't know Halo 5 as well, but in Halo 4 only the helmet and chest were unique armors the rest were combinations of the supplemental armor pieces which can be found here. It would be worth checking out to save your friend from having to pep all the pieces. Also, you probably noticed that the PDO file for the Viper helmet is there, just not unfolded yet. You should point that out to your friend because it will help in speeding up his unfold. If he does you will need to credit Crimson when you upload the unfold.

When you get to build be sure to upload photos! You can even keep using this thread and rename the title.

Best of luck,
PD

Ah, cool. That is nice of your friend to do. You should see if he would upload them to the 405th file archive when he is done.

I don't know Halo 5 as well, but in Halo 4 only the helmet and chest were unique armors the rest were combinations of the supplemental armor pieces which can be found here. It would be worth checking out to save your friend from having to pep all the pieces. Also, you probably noticed that the PDO file for the Viper helmet is there, just not unfolded yet. You should point that out to your friend because it will help in speeding up his unfold. If he does you will need to credit Crimson when you upload the unfold.

When you get to build be sure to upload photos! You can even keep using this thread and rename the title.

Best of luck,
PD

I will definitely give that link a look for the supplemental armor. However, that Viper helmet is from Battlestar Galactica, which wouldn't do me much good for a MJOLNIR build.

And I will definitely post pics!

So, after taking a look at the supplemental armor (Thanks Duke!), decided that my armor is going to be very unique.

I'm going with the Viper helmet and Cinder chest and shoulders from Halo 5, the XV-27 Shifting forearms and the RG-63 Counter legs and boots from Halo 4. Granted, the legs and arms are very similar to what is actually on the Cinder armor as is, it gives me a nice mix of GEN II armor to make the Spartan truly mine.

I will definitely give that link a look for the supplemental armor. However, that Viper helmet is from Battlestar Galactica, which wouldn't do me much good for a MJOLNIR build.

And I will definitely post pics!

ha! I didn't realize. I thought it looked a little dated.

Your plan sounds great. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back