Opportunity for Paid Work During Convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
There is an opportunity with members to work with the convention at each location.

It is a VERY large time commitment. The basic details are as follows:

1. You'd be working in the Hall of History area so you need to be very well versed in all that is Halo.
2. You will be provided with a uniform to wear.
3. You will likely be there for most if not all of the day you are working.
4. You'll also be needed for an orientation before the con opens.
5. You will be paid for your time.
6. You will spend your time there interacting with the public so you need to be able to speak well in public.
7. This does NOT count towards your Exhibitor badge.

Anyone who is interested in hearing more, please send me a PM as soon as possible with the location you will be attending.

I'm going to guess since I've only had one PM about this that no one else is interested. I'll give you until Friday to let me know if you are and then this opportunity will be closed.

I'm going to guess since I've only had one PM about this that no one else is interested. I'll give you until Friday to let me know if you are and then this opportunity will be closed.
Well, I think its a very cool idea and would love to do it, and i may be speaking for others, feel like the requirement of knowing a vast majority of the halo universes knowledge... well let's say it trails kf here and there and there is sooo much lore that... well you know...

Plus our salary would be nice to know but I get it

I would 100% jump on this opportunity! But there's no reasonable way I can make it to any of the outposts.

:'(

Tell them to bring it to Salt Lake City or even Ogden next year! I'll be there then!

Here's a bit more information for those wanting to know. It's a huge commitment guys. It would be fun I'm sure but you need to be ready to have very long days.

On the training day, you will also get to take part in testing all of the attractions. So you'll get to experience them before the show opens. I don't know that everyone there will get to test out all of the attractions but you should be able to do some of them at least.
  1. Paid Staff – There are a couple of areas within the experiences, the Hall of History and the Ring Experience where we are originally looking to have staff (i.e. docents) that will have some speaking roles that ties back into the Halo Universe. 343 will be drafting the script and here is a little more detail of what we would be looking for and would love to give the 405th the opportunity to participate first before we go down another path, since this is such a unique role and experience.
  • Total Staff Needed Per Day: 9 (5 for the Ring / 4 for Hall of History)
  • Schedule Needed:
    • Thursday – 4 hours (TBD, likely mid-afternoon) for orientation, training and testing
    • Friday – 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM (13 hours)
    • Saturday – 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM (13 hours)
    • Sunday – 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM (10 hours)
  • SOW: Interaction with fans in these areas through speaking roles tied into each experience. Herschend Live will provide uniform t-shirt and lab coats (official role is a UNSC Scientist), we would ask any participants to provide plain black pants and shoes.
  • Herschend Live would pay each person a flat rate of $50 per person on the training day for their time and $250 per person per event day. We will also pay for meals for them on each show day, for their breaks.
  • If possible, we’d like to get a little diversity, if there are some female members, we’d like to get as equal as possible in terms of involvement.

Hey there, I know it’s Saturday but I’m still getting used to the new look of the site and I can’t seem to get around it too well. Where is it taking place at?

I'm good for working on Saturday.
I just got back from Orlando megacon 405th booth.
Worked all day long as an odst .
On Friday and Saturday.
So I'm good to go . Just need a little more information on how to do everything or signing up..for this

Terric - I know they were trying to have people who were available for the entire time but I'll definitely provide them your information. Keep in mind as well that you're also needed for training on Thursday. Can you please PM me with your cell number and email address?

Thanks!

Last edited:
You... LEFT?!

Haha, don't worry, so did I for a couple years. You can always come back. Mountain regiment is cooler anyway. We're like the night crew on the robot chicken enterprise:

<video not posted due to various reasons. Look it up.>

You... LEFT?!

Haha, don't worry, so did I for a couple years. You can always come back. Mountain regiment is cooler anyway. We're like the night crew on the robot chicken enterprise:

<video not posted due to various reasons. Look it up.>
[Utah], haven't seen it in years.

If my career ever brings me that way I'll be sure to let ya know haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back