original noble team group build

Status
Not open for further replies.

briger

Hi everyone this is briger i wanted to start a group build with anyone that wants too. it is for the original noble team based from this picture. sorry its so small you can look at it better if you search halo reach noble team concept art or just click on the image. i am already started on noble six which is the one on the far right. so now i am asking for volunteers to pick a person in this picture and make the armor for it i will understand if you don't want as armor takes time and money but i think it would bring a lot of the 405th members together. so if you are interested just make a comment on what person you choose and your ideas of how you are going build you armor. briger out
th.jpg

I'm willing to do Jun'e armor but I will definitely need some help since I have only done small projects and never a full suit. This is gonna be quite interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Jun's not Jun'e stupid autocorrect

Awesome!!!!! and i think it will be interesting also. so right now we have jun noble six and maybe Emile. and i will help you as much as my experience lets me but sense this is a open post other people will probably help answer questions. and when you start just post your pics on a comment.

Sweet, I'm planning on starting Friday, hopefully by the way are you making your armor out of full pepakura and resin or are you using eva foam?

There's a much larger version of most of those spartans here. Not at a point where I can do any armor building and the first on my agenda would be a Destiny build as soon as I'm able, but I'm interested to see where this project goes.

Thanks Zaff, that helps me a bit more since I couldn't exactly find to many kinda detailed pics. Do you have any tips like where I should start? Like I said I've only built small props and such.

its just me or you can follow me if you what do the helmet and then the chest and then so on and so forth

- - - Updated - - -

and is this like a coplay we go into fan coms and comacoms and stuff

- - - Updated - - -

sorry bad spelling

Your fine man yeah I'm up for conventions, I may have to save up some extra cash tho. Thanks man that helps.

So I should start with the helmet you say?

- - - Updated - - -

I will most likely do the helm with pep and resin.

it is harder to do it with eva foam then pep but it takes longer with pep though eva foam it only takes 1-2 mouths but you can do it the way you what

Here's a couple more shots of the Jun concept, with and without the ghillie camo, and here is a much larger version of the image from the initial post. If I had to take a stab at the Jun build I'd say a good place to start might be the Recon helmet as a base, and then built off of that to match the concept (the camera, the rangefinder, the slight variance to the chin compared to the in-game Recon model).

Emile's design doesn't seem to have changed much at all from concept to final product. aside from the general geometry of the base armor across the board. Two differences I do note are the forearm plate on the right arm and a second straight-blade knife on his left shoulder. It also looks like they were originally thinking something along the lines of Destiny's heavy machine gun rather than a shotgun for his weapon of choice. Or perhaps that was an early concept for the grenade launcher.

The main downside to doing a concept build is there aren't going to be a great deal of models available, although I believe Satchmo III did have a handful of Reach concept pieces in his portfolio thread, so that might be worth checking out. Type Model Portfolio Satchmo in the search bar at the top of the screen (upper left above the 405th banner image) and it should come up on the first page of results.

Thanks Zaff that will definitely help me get the ball rolling. The helmet is one of the main objects worrying me with this build, also the chest just because of the detailing. Would sketching on poster board or cardboard be better than using pep (of course with reference photos) or what do you guys prefer for a novice builder as myself?

- - - Updated - - -

And noble 10 sorry forgot to thank you as well.

o and just do it like you are doing multiple small projects just its going to be a bigger results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back